Another beware Council Tax AOE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Despite the fact that I have an arrangement to pay my council tax arrears the ignorant tax officers have lumbered me with an AOE as they cannot find some of the cheques I sent in. They will not give me time to get copies of the cashed cheques from my bank insisting that I have an AOE. This will affect my employment because of the type of place I work in and the lack of confidentiality in the wages department.

It seems that I have no recourse to anyone to get this stopped. The Cranswicks and Snows of this world can do anything they see fit no matter how it affects peoples lives

Hiya

i fully understand, ive just come back from the council who hid behind their proceedures and their advisor didnt record i was paying albeit late one week and would catch up the next week and they sneakily put an AOE

also i complained via the council site and they cannot find my complaint!

so now i have to put it in writing, my complaint, and by the time they respond i will have paid off the amount okay now only about 150.00

but its not the point, i told them this morning people in the borough who have had baliefs to their door still owe over 2000 pounds yet us working people are easy targets for AOE

im digusted will be contacting my mp i know its the council proceedure but they dont listen to people who are trying and have come across a financial difficulty

i would complain firstly direct to them, i was given a compliant green form your council may have the same, i rang national debtline and they gave me info in the post of what i can expect from the complaint and if not happy can then complaint to the ombudsman

i will be taking my green form complaint by hand and i want a written receipt that they have received it on their premises tomorrow

so thats my story, sorry for the rant, good luck

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 2 months later...

They are still being stupid.. forcing another AOE on me which is going to force me to resign. I have told them when I can and will pay but no one is listening. Dear old Gosling must be loving it !! sitting there on her gold plated salary and pension ruining people's lives.

Agree with you that they dont listen no matter if it costs them money in the long run. Haven't got a clue some of these Hitlers !!

I agree with you entirely.. They are being totally unreasonable and the sooner the government does something to stop the little Hitlers from snooping on people's lives the better.. We all have to pay taxes and the sooner we are allowed to do it without unnecessary interference the better!!

Hope your complaint goes well ..If not go see your MP or the papers !!