Nightmare axa, please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try and keep this simple as so far it has been very long winded, basicly i took out some holiday insurance with axa, needed to make a clain in march 07 i contacted them twice reg application pack, this was not received, by this time it was about nov last year, anyway no luck so went into the travel agents who kindly phoned axa on my behalf, finally early this year got claim application pack though it was the wrong one and although my address was stated it was sent to the wrong address also, went back into travel agents and got another pack sorted out the right one this time though still wrong address, filled in pack sent it off recorded post, never heard from axa so phoned them up, they stated they never received it, i said it was sent recorded, then in the next breath said they had but i need to sent one more receipt for a camera,there were other items also which they state the could not pay for as the type of insurance i had, i did this then claim was settled though they would not pay out for the camera, i wrote back in complaint reg shoddy service etc etc and that i should be paid and copmensated for all the trouble, they said we have real good customer service etc etc, yeah right! i wrote back a very detailed letter explaining all the probs etc etc they then said i was charged a to higher percentage and a cheque would follow i got a cheque today and over a year and a hallf later for £20 and in addition to this, this was the only time they got my address correct.

I have tried to be brief and i hope you can understand it ok, i would like to take this matter further but i have no idea of the legal jargon etc, i.e as the service was very poor have they breached the goods and services act? what do you recommend to write back to them with? also i feel that i should be paid in full also for the items that supposedly was not included in my insurance, plus compensation for my worry and the problems encountered, do you think i am asking to much?

I really want to take this further as not only do i feel i should get my items full value back, but maybe they will look into there practices and the next person will not have to go through what i have been through

Hope you can help and many thanks!

Edited by icecreamman
corrections