Urgent Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just done my banking and after finding my balance below what it should have been i have been in touch with the Bank.

They tell me Swinton Insurance have taken over £100 today as a point of sale. Yet I have not been anywhere near Swinton. I did have a policy with Swinton but cancelled it after the initial cost was raised further after my changing my address.

They say I have used the card at point of sale today but I have not. What can i do..I need the money back!!

How long ago was it since you cancelled your Swinton policy? Do you think your credit card has been cloned and used by someone else to pay for this policy, or are they still taking out payments for your cancelled policy in error. If you think your card has been cloned, you should contact your bank urgently to get it cancelled and so that they can try and recover the lost £100.

This is not a nice thing to happen to anyone, especially just before Christmas. :(

The policy was cancelled 28 days aftter it began due to the price going up over night. I stupidly used a quote search engine that had my car / address details and searched. but we had moved and so when the policy didnt arrive i called them and they said they had the wrong address. I changed it over the phone and even though the car is now locked in a garage over night (unlike previously where it was stored on the road) the policy increased by £50. I was appalled as we live in a much nicer area now! So I cancelled it and cancelled the DD.

However I have just spoken to the credit control team and they have agreed to refund the money back. I used the fact that the 3 digit number needed to use the card as security was used (the bank confirmed this) and this would be a breach of Data Protection Act. They have refunded all the money and closed the file :D. I will say this....the guy in credit control was very professional and approachable. I explained this had came out of our mortgage money for December and he was great!!

I would guess that what may of happened is they had your card details and took a further payment to cover the cost! This was done before by a company I used to work for. Not professional and can get them into a lot of trouble.

Glad you got it sorted.