please advise-had attachment of earnings applied despite having standing order in place

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please help folks,

for several months we have been trying to set up a direct debit for our council tax but for some reason they kept going back to the council as cancelled-or so they say anyway.We ended up with a liability order

Finally, in november, I was worried so phoned the council and asked for standing order details so it could be paid that way. I asked whether I needed to pay anything that day and was told not to bother and to divide the outstanding amount by 6 and start at the end of novemeber.

I set up the standing order immediately following the call which was on nov 3rd.Lo and behold on november 10th I received an AOE notice for hubbys salary. The letter was dated 6th november.

I called the council tax office on november 13th and they assured me that the AOE would be cancelled.Shock, horror on opening hubbys pay slip on 23rd-AOE had been taken for £700.

I called in to the local office and took his payslip-I was told that the attachment had prob been stopped after the details had been processed and that they would re-imburse a refund of the difference of what was due by standing order on 27th and what had been taken out of salary. I was told to expect the cheque within 3 days -that was 2 weeks ago!!

i called hubbys employer today to find that the attachment has never been stopped. and the council office have stated that I cant expect a refund til the funds reach their system.Hubbys employer has actually called them today to clarify that it has been deducted.

I dont want to cause enough grief at the mo til i get the refund but what are my rights and who should i complain to?

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007