Help UK CPS ltd Parking Ticket Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I droped my grilfriend off at the bus station a few days ago and found I had a parking ticket issued by UK CPS Ltd for £75.

I was parked somewhere in leeds and I litterally jumped out for 5mins maximum, the B must have been waiting in his car! I didnt even see the ticket till half way down the road otherwise I would have looked for him!

I have spent the past couple of hours looking through these forums and im a bit bamboozelled.

From what I've read so far should I just ignore all their letters and not contact them even though I was probably in the wrong for parking there or should I just pay and save the hassle?.

Any Help would be much appreciated..........

Edited by BadlyParkedBoy
LANGUAGE

The majority of people on this forum have had no problem from just ignoring the tickets.

They are NOT "fines" as private companies have no right to fine anyone.

Court papers are extremely rare. See the recent case where Excel failed to turn up.

No doubt peternet(UKCPS employee) will be along to tell you to "appeal" - ignore him also - there is no "appeals proceedure".

Im just a bit worried as I was in the wrong

Why do you think you were 'in the wrong'? If they wanted £1000 would you just shrug your shoulders because you think it's your fault?

Treat these parasites with the contempt they deserve:

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any letters you receive

• they will give up an go away after 4 or 5

It's also pretty difficult to consider and accept the terms of any alleged contract from your car. Sounds to me like you parked up, went to read the sign, declined to accept the contract and left the premises.

• 11 months later...
I just thought I'd update this thread Its nearly been a year on from my parking ticket and UK CPS have stopped pestering me for over a few months now and i've not heard anything since. I just wanna say thanks to this forum and its members!!!!

Nice one. Good result. Thanks for the update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new to this site, its been great to see other people fighting back, this company are nothing more than crooks!

did anybody see this? i know its a little old but a least they are on the newspapers radar.(not that its stopping them)

Private parking firms under fire over tickets - Yorkshire Evening Post

That story had me laughing - "UKCPS manager Jim Whitehead said that the company has been the victim of "entrapment.""

You couldn't make it up:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

maybe changes are coming! maybe

Gangbos become the latest measure for fighting antisocial behaviour | UK news | The Guardian

The crime and security bill also proposed licensing private wheelclamping companies. A statutory code of conduct will place a cap on fines, prevent cars being towed too soon after being clamped and an independent appeals process for motorists who feel they have been unfairly clamped or fined.

maybe changes are coming! maybe

Gangbos become the latest measure for fighting antisocial behaviour | UK news | The Guardian

The crime and security bill also proposed licensing private wheelclamping companies. A statutory code of conduct will place a cap on fines, prevent cars being towed too soon after being clamped and an independent appeals process for motorists who feel they have been unfairly clamped or fined.

Fines! What FINES!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

hi everyone, another 1 bites the dust, i received a parking ticket from ukcps ltd whilst in headingley leeds, i left my car for less than 5 mins to nip to subway and found it on my return, ive read quite a few post but they seem to be from some time ago, i was wondering if anyone can help and is advice still the same to just ignore the ticket or are they now ligit and it has to be paid

please help

i was wondering if anyone can help and is advice still the same to just ignore the ticket or are they now ligit and it has to be paid

please help

No change absolutely ignore the PPC and all the free toilet paper they send.

regards

• 4 months later...

hi i also got a parking ticket from ukcps yesterday friday 26.06.2010. in headingley. i was there for 5 mins i left my partner in the car to expalin where i had gone if there was a problem parking there for the 5 mins i was gone to drop an important document in at my bank. as soon as i was out of view my partner said that a chap got out of a car that was parked there as well took a photo of my car and slapped a ticket on my windscreen. she asked what he was doing and tried to explain he laughed and said i am doing my job. she rang me and i returned straight away to fing this chap still sat in his car and unwilling to talk all he would say was I AM DOING MY JOB. aany ideas they say if i dont pay they will charge me £100 after 14 days take legal action and send bailifs ? can i be awkward and send them a cheque for £10 every month or just ignore them

in their dreams they will take action and then send baliff's

YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT FAIL

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GO TO 1

now you have done that, if you must send £10 a month send it your local PDSA or a deserving cause of your choice

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

hi i also got a parking ticket from ukcps yesterday friday 26.06.2010. in headingley. i was there for 5 mins i left my partner in the car to expalin where i had gone if there was a problem parking there for the 5 mins i was gone to drop an important document in at my bank. as soon as i was out of view my partner said that a chap got out of a car that was parked there as well took a photo of my car and slapped a ticket on my windscreen. she asked what he was doing and tried to explain he laughed and said i am doing my job. she rang me and i returned straight away to fing this chap still sat in his car and unwilling to talk all he would say was I AM DOING MY JOB. aany ideas they say if i dont pay they will charge me £100 after 14 days take legal action and send bailifs ? can i be awkward and send them a cheque for £10 every month or just ignore them

haha

bailiffs!!

no ignore its a [problem].

do some reading in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody

Just been done by UKCPS for parking over heavily fading lines in a retail car park on Leeds Rd in Hudds.

I was in Next for 5 mins, I left at 12:27 yet the ticket says 12:34.

So I walked around the car park taking photos of other vehicles 'over the line' and I'm thinking WTF,

no consistency here.

As I walked around looking for him I spoke to a couple of employees having a cig from 1 of the shops and they said just ignore it, but I wanted to see the photos. They advised me that he does another car park so I drove there but in my mind I thought I bet he's gonna come back, he did.

(at this point he's in his van, didn't wanna get out for some reason)

I asked him for pics, he showed me faded lines.

I told him the time is wrong as I was in my car at 12:34.

I asked him " why are you victimising me?" "other cars in front of you are over the lines, you haven't done them."

Then he says "I would get out but I feel threatened" ( I'm assuming he's got his phone on REC.)

Anyway I drove off leaving all the bad thoughts in my head and not on his face.

Big thanks to this forum and especially the replies from KIPTOWER on various other posts.

My new favourite word is now IGNORE.

thanks for the nice comment, my efforts and personal knowledge of the legal position, are also based on the many post made by the experts such as Lamma and AL27 to name 2 of are great posters on this matter , and of course everyone that I missed that helps in these matter

Edited by kiptower
typo

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

• 1 month later...

I've been issued with a ticket from UK CPS Ltd today while parked on the Elk Mill Retail Park at Oldham. Having a disability and with all the disabled parking spaces taken I parked my car in front of JD Sports on a yellow box at the side of Next and popped my disabled badge on display.

As it's a retail park I assumed that parking wasn't considered under the same restrictions as parking on the roads etc.

I found to my horror that the charge is £100 ! with a reduction to £60 if paid within 14 days.

Do I have to pay this by law, and if I don't pay it will I end up with a county court judgement against my name ?

What really annoys me is that we spend money in the shops on that retail park and yet end up being fined !! I've also realised looking at the 'reasons for issue' on the ticket that people can be fined for parking "out of a marked bay" (what the hell does that mean ?).

I've been issued with a ticket from UK CPS Ltd today while parked on the Elk Mill Retail Park at Oldham. Having a disability and with all the disabled parking spaces taken I parked my car in front of JD Sports on a yellow box at the side of Next and popped my disabled badge on display.

As it's a retail park I assumed that parking wasn't considered under the same restrictions as parking on the roads etc.

I found to my horror that the charge is £100 ! with a reduction to £60 if paid within 14 days.

In their dreams.

Do I have to pay this by law,

NO

and if I don't pay it will I end up with a county court judgement against my name ?

NO

What really annoys me is that we spend money in the shops on that retail park and yet end up being fined !! I've also realised looking at the 'reasons for issue' on the ticket that people can be fined for parking "out of a marked bay" (what the hell does that mean ?)

IT means it is a way of trying to fool people into paying money. It is not a fine it is more akin to a begging lettre, ignore it and all the other rubbish they will send you.

regards