Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder BadlyParkedBoy Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Default Help UK CPS ltd Parking Ticket Leeds

Hi I droped my grilfriend off at the bus station a few days ago and found I had a parking ticketicon issued by UK CPS Ltd for 75.

I was parked somewhere in leeds and I litterally jumped out for 5mins maximum, the B must have been waiting in his car! I didnt even see the ticket till half way down the road otherwise I would have looked for him!

I have spent the past couple of hours looking through these forums and im a bit bamboozelled.

From what I've read so far should I just ignoreicon all their letters and not contact them even though I was probably in the wrong for parking there or should I just pay and save the hassle?.

Any Help would be much appreciated..........

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Shovel Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Default Re: Help UK CPS ltd Parking Ticket Leeds

Throw it in the bin and ignoreicon it. But remove the specific details as UKCPS read this forum.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Have done thanks have many other people on this forum just ignoredicon these fines and nothing has happened? Im just a bit worried as I was in the wrong, but 75 for 5 minutes is ridiculous especially in a empty car park

Basic Account Holder Shovel Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

The majority of people on this forum have had no problem from just ignoring the tickets.

They are NOT "fines" as private companies have no right to fine anyone.

Court papers are extremely rare. See the recent case where Excel failed to turn up.

No doubt peternet(UKCPS employee) will be along to tell you to "appeal" - ignoreicon him also - there is no "appeals proceedure".

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Im just a bit worried as I was in the wrong
    Why do you think you were 'in the wrong'? If they wanted 1000 would you just shrug your shoulders because you think it's your fault?

Treat these parasites with the contempt they deserve:

• do not pay
    • do not contact them
    ignoreicon any letters you receive
    • they will give up an go away after 4 or 5

It's also pretty difficult to consider and accept the terms of any alleged contract from your car. Sounds to me like you parked up, went to read the sign, declined to accept the contract and left the premises.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

I just thought I'd update this thread Its nearly been a year on from my parking ticketicon and UK CPS have stopped pestering me for over a few months now and i've not heard anything since. I just wanna say thanks to this forum and its members!!!!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    pin1onu Informative pin1onu Informative pin1onu Informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2007
    I am in
    Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by BadlyParkedBoy View Post
    I just thought I'd update this thread Its nearly been a year on from my parking ticketicon and UK CPS have stopped pestering me for over a few months now and i've not heard anything since. I just wanna say thanks to this forum and its members!!!!
    Nice one. Good result. Thanks for the update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder themythuk Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

new to this site, its been great to see other people fighting back, this company are nothing more than crooks!

did anybody see this? i know its a little old but a least they are on the newspapers radar.(not that its stopping them)

Private parking firms under fire over tickets - Yorkshire Evening Post

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

That story had me laughing - "UKCPS manager Jim Whitehead said that the company has been the victim of "entrapment.""

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letshelp Informative letshelp Informative letshelp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    hell

Quote Originally Posted by lamma View Post
    That story had me laughing - "UKCPS manager Jim Whitehead said that the company has been the victim of "entrapment.""
    You couldn't make it up

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder themythuk Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

maybe changes are coming! maybe

Gangbos become the latest measure for fighting antisocial behaviour | UK news | The Guardian

The crime and security bill also proposed licensing private wheelclamping companies. A statutory code of conduct will place a cap on fines, prevent cars being towed too soon after being clamped and an independent appeals process for motorists who feel they have been unfairly clamped or fined.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by themythuk View Post
    maybe changes are coming! maybe

Gangbos become the latest measure for fighting antisocial behaviour | UK news | The Guardian

The crime and security bill also proposed licensing private wheelclamping companies. A statutory code of conduct will place a cap on fines, prevent cars being towed too soon after being clamped and an independent appeals process for motorists who feel they have been unfairly clamped or fined.

Fines! What FINES!!!!!!!

Basic Account Holder blinking ticket Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

hi shovel, ive recieved a parking ticketicon 75.00 in headingley leeds whilst popping into subway, its from ukcps ltd, ive read your posts from quite some time aga, are things the same now and just to ignoreicon the ticket
    thanks

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

hi everyone, another 1 bites the dust, i received a parking ticketicon from ukcps ltd whilst in headingley leeds, i left my car for less than 5 mins to nip to subway and found it on my return, ive read quite a few post but they seem to be from some time ago, i was wondering if anyone can help and is advice still the same to just ignoreicon the ticket or are they now ligit and it has to be paid
    please help

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    hell

Quote Originally Posted by blinking ticket View Post
    i was wondering if anyone can help and is advice still the same to just ignoreicon the ticket or are they now ligit and it has to be paid
    please help
    No change absolutely ignoreicon the PPC and all the free toilet paper they send.
    regards

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2010

what can i expect next please

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    hell

Quote Originally Posted by blinking ticket View Post
    what can i expect next please
    As in the link, the usual letter chain.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2652589

regards

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder sparkiepaul Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2010

hi i also got a parking ticketicon from ukcps yesterday friday 26.06.2010. in headingley. i was there for 5 mins i left my partner in the car to expalin where i had gone if there was a problem parking there for the 5 mins i was gone to drop an important document in at my bank. as soon as i was out of view my partner said that a chap got out of a car that was parked there as well took a photo of my car and slapped a ticket on my windscreen. she asked what he was doing and tried to explain he laughed and said i am doing my job. she rang me and i returned straight away to fing this chap still sat in his car and unwilling to talk all he would say was I AM DOING MY JOB. aany ideas they say if i dont pay they will charge me 100 after 14 days take legal action and send bailifs ? can i be awkward and send them a cheque for 10 every month or just ignoreicon them

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

in their dreams they will take action and then send baliff's

YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT FAIL

1) ignoreicon
    2) ignoreicon SOME MORE
    3) GO TO 1

now you have done that, if you must send 10 a month send it your local PDSA or a deserving cause of your choice

NEVER FORGET

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-cookers.html
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Quote Originally Posted by sparkiepaul View Post
    hi i also got a parking ticketicon from ukcps yesterday friday 26.06.2010. in headingley. i was there for 5 mins i left my partner in the car to expalin where i had gone if there was a problem parking there for the 5 mins i was gone to drop an important document in at my bank. as soon as i was out of view my partner said that a chap got out of a car that was parked there as well took a photo of my car and slapped a ticket on my windscreen. she asked what he was doing and tried to explain he laughed and said i am doing my job. she rang me and i returned straight away to fing this chap still sat in his car and unwilling to talk all he would say was I AM DOING MY JOB. aany ideas they say if i dont pay they will charge me 100 after 14 days take legal action and send bailifs ? can i be awkward and send them a cheque for 10 every month or just ignoreicon them

haha

bailiffs!!

no ignoreicon its a [problem].

do some reading in this forum
    dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE