Council chasing bill after 8 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had a kerb dropped in front of our property back in june 2000,basically we were told we could pay an extra 10% on top of our council tax to pay it off.

Now after 8 years the council are chasing us for it saying it was never paid & they would never request payment through council tax,had no contact within 8 years previous to them contacting us.

They are threatening court bailiffs if I dont fill in DD mandate before the 5th Dec.

I am well aware that this debt is statute barred,but what letter can I send to them? putting it nicely where they can go & shove it.

Debbie

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

Your council tax bill is fixed so you will be able to see if you have paid extra on top of the bill in relation to the curb drop.

Check what your bill says and confirm the amount by asking a neighbour what they have paid in ct.

We had a kerb dropped in front of our property back in june 2000,basically we were told we could pay an extra 10% on top of our council tax to pay it off.

Now after 8 years the council are chasing us for it saying it was never paid & they would never request payment through council tax,had no contact within 8 years previous to them contacting us.

They are threatening court bailiffs if I dont fill in DD mandate before the 5th Dec.

I am well aware that this debt is statute barred,but what letter can I send to them? putting it nicely where they can go & shove it.

Debbie

TBH i've never heard of anything like that, you're more likely to have to pay extra CT because you have a dropped kerb

Having said that i think you have a good case for it being statute barred :wink:

What letter can I send to council about statue barred debt,as I can't seem to find one.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

What letter can I send to council about statue barred debt,as I can't seem to find one.

I dont think there is a template for a statute barred letter but you could always just write stating you have taken advice on the matter and as you have not had any contact pertaining to this matter in the last six years then it is statute barred

Maybe someone else will be able to link you to the relevant act to quote?