council tax court fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Once in 2006 and once again in 2007 i was charge a fee of £75 for being taken to court although i did not go because i paid up before then.

But this year i found out that since 1995 i have been overpaying by 25% due to being entitled to carers discount which i did get refunded

So can the council keep those fees or can i claim them back on the grounds that i was not behind on my bill and should never of been issued a summons because every year since 1995 i had overpaid.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It depend on your argument, you might convince the council but providing the debt at the time was correctly summonsed on the details held at that time then the costs can legally stand.

You can't argue that summons issued in previous years where invalid because in a later year you applied for a discount. There is also the point that if the council had issued a summons on a figure that more than 25% of your annual charge then even with the discount you would still have a summons issued.

But the point im trying to make is the summons was for the last two payments of the year 2007 totalling £190 and the discount for last year alone was £225 but i have been entilted to this discount since 1993 which they have backdated to then

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.