Can I claim for faulty paintwork?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently had some panels re-painted on my car as I had been kindly keyed down both sides of my car. Instead of going through my insurance company I took my car to a local garage and had the panels re-painted.

All was fine until a few weeks later when the paintwork was clearly not done correctly and has since left the paintwork milky and scratched. It is awful to look at and the clear layer is also peeling off with white streaks on the car coming from creases. It is bad!

The person who did the work on my car has since passed away which has left me unable to sue the individual who messed up the work.

Does anybody know if this weird situation would be covered on my fully comp insurance? I can't afford the £2,000 (or so) complete re-paint and new seals to bring it back to the way it should be. My car is now worth nothing due to this too.

Somebody Help, I need advice it would be kindly appreciated.:?

It wont be covered under standard motor insurance - it is not accidental. With dodgy work, it is a case of suing whoever provided the work.

You say the individual person has passed on. However if he is an employee of the company and not self employed then you should still be able to take action