Repayment of Council Tax Arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My case is regarding an old Council Tax bill from a previous address. I remember writing to the Council and offering them £10.00 per calendar month, they responded with a letter stating the amount was too small. I wrote back (sadly not by recorded mail - a lesson I've now learnt!) but never heard any more. During this time I was suffering with chronic health, and was awaiting surgery for a tumor to be removed (two years prior I had bowel cancer) so my mind wasn't on the ball as they say! Anyway, that is the background to this case, and I have received two letters from a bailiff's office. I wrote to them and enclosed an Expenditure form, and I offered them £10 pcm, which they replied to saying it was too little. They are asking me to pay £95pcm, which is a staggering amount (to me anyway as I'm on benefits) to pay. They have asked me to send a doctor's letter confirming my chronic health, which I have done. I now await their response to my GP's letter, and hopefully it'll be more favourable! Well I can hope! Two weeks ago I suffered heart problems and was taken to hospital, I am awaiting a scan to investigate further; as well as another scan to determine whether I have another tumor (I have a genetic condition which puts me at risk of further tumors and cancers).

I would appreciate, and be greatful for any advice from people who may have encountered similar problems.

seeker27