style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need a bit of advice as to what to do. Back in February 2006, my wife came off her cycle due to the poor state of the road in an Oxfordshire town. A claim was made with a solicitor on the good old "no win no fee" basis and after some many months; they feel after advice from a Barrister that owing to the Oxfordshire County Countys stance and intransigence; it wouldnt win in court.

Have written to the local MP to see if he knew of a better angle to go and have also written directly to the dept concerned.

No go. I can start a privately funded case but as Court costs wouldnt be exactly cheap, that is also a dead end.

Can anybody think of another angle to go for or do I go for plan B.

That would be to use the coucils report a pothole scheme where any raod defect no matter how trivial would be reported. For each report they have to investigate apparently so in no time at all I could waste the £2k i would hope to get from them. Trivial I know, but would make us feel better.

Is there anything we can do to defeat the Town Hall ?