Hertz

redwon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any dealings with Hertz Rentals Insurance company? My car was hit in a car park at work , I was not even in the car at the time, someone came to get me and found that a lady driving a rented van misjudjed the length of the van and cliped the front of my car taking the bumper off. She admited in front of witnesses it was her fault (she could hardly do otherwise) and was very appologetic. This was over 3 months ago and to be honest I do not believe a thing my insurance company say to me (Direct Line) they said that Hertz Insurers are not relpying to letters, only when I push them do they do say they are looking into it. I have sold the car and cannot cancel the direct debit to Direct Line as they say there is a claim in process. Direct Line make me furious over the latest tv add saying that if an uninsured driver hits you you will not lose no claims and not pay excess . Mine seems to be an open and shut case but am still out of pocket on the excess I paid, where has common sense gone ! Is this normal with Hertz ? I believe they are insured with a company in Dublin does anyone know the name ?

Hertz are effectively self insured and pay their own claims as their motor policy is under a Global Liability policy. Direct line should have no problem in tracing who handles their claims. It should simply be a case of them asking for reimbursement as is a clear cut case.

There is a separe policy I belive for Irish registered vehicles which is administered via Dublin.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Thanks for the quick reply, Direct Line have told me that Hertz have not replied to any corespondance since the claim started , as for having no problem getting re imbursment it could take months. I really do not understand why I should be out of pocket in the first place as its an open and shut case, is there any wy that I can get the costs ...god knows how many phone calls ! and the premiums I am still paying because they wont pay? Thanks in advance

Has anyone had any dealings with Hertz Rentals Insurance company? My car was hit in a car park at work , I was not even in the car at the time, someone came to get me and found that a lady driving a rented van misjudjed the length of the van and cliped the front of my car taking the bumper off. She admited in front of witnesses it was her fault (she could hardly do otherwise) and was very appologetic. This was over 3 months ago and to be honest I do not believe a thing my insurance company say to me (Direct Line) they said that Hertz Insurers are not relpying to letters, only when I push them do they do say they are looking into it. I have sold the car and cannot cancel the direct debit to Direct Line as they say there is a claim in process. Direct Line make me furious over the latest tv add saying that if an uninsured driver hits you you will not lose no claims and not pay excess . Mine seems to be an open and shut case but am still out of pocket on the excess I paid, where has common sense gone ! Is this normal with Hertz ? I believe they are insured with a company in Dublin does anyone know the name ?

Send an e-mail to [email protected] its the Claims Management e-mail, they might be able to help you out and tell you if they have replied.