Cancelling new in-store mobile contract / cooling off period

ccrob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many apologies if this has been covered already - I've not found it anywhere using the search.

I have just taken out a brand new contract with TMobile in store. Part of what they offered me was verbal and I am unsure if this will actually be honoured.

Am I right in thinking there is a cooling off period for me to cancel a new contract, or does this only apply to distance sales?

And in which case, do verbal contracts really have any standing, especially when a written contract was also signed?

Many thanks for any advice

Rob

T-Mobile do have a "network promise", 7 days I believe. Dial 150 from your handset and discuss it.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nope. T-Mobile only offer 7 days if you purchased the handset/contract over the phone or website (DSR).

Purchases made in store are not applicable and have no cooling off period what so ever.

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile offer 7 days in store as part of their network promise. It used to be 7 days in store and 14 days from internet and telephone (DSR's) but now that DSR is lowered to 7 days, its 7 days for all of them.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Nope, I work for them.

They do offer "streetcheck" in stores whereby if you get a check done n your postcode and are told that the coverage will be good but it is not then you can cancel within 14 days. However, you would have had to get a proper streetcheck done (not just having a quick look at the website predicted coverage) and you would then recieve a "streetcheck ID" which you need to cancel.

I just started working for them in a call center and was advised its the same 7 days in both as part of the "network promise" :p I'll bow down to your knowledge tho, as I said I've just started. I'll kick the trainers butt when I see him next ;).

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lol I've been there over two years now. You're right though, it did all get changed down to 7 days from the start of November. However, T-Mobile definitely do not offer a returns policy for any purchases through stores, it's only DSR which obviously only applies to purchases online.

Yup, kick your trainer's butt! Cause if you process a DSR request for a customer who purchased through a T-Mobile store when you're taking calls then your manager will kick your butt! Unless of course he was talking about the exchange process for faulty handsets? As they will exchange faulty handset purchased through stores without question within the first 7 days.