Claiming on Critical Illness Policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an AXA endowment policy with my mortgage that contains Critical Illness cover.

I’ve looked on the AXA website to try & find out what illnesses are covered but to no avail.

Does anyone have any info regarding this or could you point me in the right direction?

Is there a time limit on putting in a claim (I’ve heard 3 years from diagnosis) is this true or does it vary between companies.

The reason for my asking is I had a heart attack in December 2005, but only found out I could possibly claim after a conversation with an old friend a couple weeks ago.

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

I have a quick question about the claim form I have.

One of the questions is as follows:

"Have you consulted any other doctor or attended hospital either as an in-patient or as an out patient?

If so please give details including name & address & any hospital number if known."

Now does the above mean ALL hospital visits or just any relating to my specific claim?

Being an ex-Rugby player hospital visits were a common occurance & they've only given me 3 lines to answer in!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have recently had a claim approved. My IFA (who I took the policy with in the first place) came along to help me fill in the forms. Is this something you can arrange for your policy?

Depends on the contecxt of the question but I think I put in visits to the hospital regarding the condition. If in doubt call them or write on the form. IMO!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've not been around for a while, but due to work commitments I've not been able to get online!

The story so far is, I sent my claim forms in with info only relating to claim. I got a letter back about a week later informing me my claim is being processed & they would be writing to my doctor.

Today we get a letter saying they have accepted my claim, but I need to contact my mortgage provider as they need to send some paper work to the insurer so they can finalise the claim & pay the money!!!!

I expected it to take a lot longer & not be as straight forward!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full