council investigation... help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, advice from other people who have been in this situation would be great....

Basically the story is as follows. I have come to the Uk from Australia, now before I left, I put a contact address for one of my friends here in the uk.. I put this address on my CV etc etc. It was used as a permanent base for my mail etc and also for my mum to be able to correspond with me. Now the poor lady who lives here has been hauled over the coals by the council, as they think I have been living there. I have been down to see them and told them the situation it was only used as a permanent contact address, as when travelling, one is not in one place long enough. Now the person in question has a son to support and works, but is in receipt of single persons council tax, I have had other people come forward to the council to say where i was at the disputed time, but still it goes on 6 months later!. The council officers said to me, they can't prove I wasn't there, but they have had enough witness' who they have contacted to say i wasn't there etc. Now this poor woman, is suffering the consequences. I told them there is no room for me to live there as it is only a 2 bed house, and I am not sharing with a woman lol. I did not deny I had stayed the occassional weekend, when we have gone out, but that is not a crime. So the council then asked where did I sleep on this occassion, I said the sofa, which i then stated would be too small to live on ......:rolleyes: They asked me for reciepts etc, but this was the beginning of 2007, I am on holiday, so it is not on the intinary to be keeping records...:evil:

But as you can see this is an awful mess. And the woman in question is suffering..

Any advice would be a great help, as she is totally innocent of any wrong doing..

Edited by worldly
didn't make sense