Ecar Insurance Pay As You Go

ted45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had my car stolen and burnt out on ot 4th I informed Ecar , I couldnt afford to claim as the car was worth 550£ and would of had to pay 350£ excess, anyway the man on the telephone said the policy would be cancelled.All well and good until today I find its not been cancelled and worldpay have taken 66£ from my bank, where do i stand on claiming it back I have my car stolen then they take more money from me, can anyone help with any advice please.

Contact your bank, inform them a payment made by Direct Debit was taken in error. The Direct Debit guarantee will refund the money back into your account. Cancel the Direct Debit

Contact Ecar inform them of their mistake, tell them they are liable for any charges you incur by the bank.

Be aware that because you are cancelling the policy (despite not making a claim), you will NOT be entitled to a years worth of no claims discount (because you didn't have the policy in effect for a year) and should you get another car soon you cannot do a change of vehicle because you do not have an insurance policy in force.

Mossy

Worldpay are a subsiduary of RBS and are usually associated with on-line credit/debit card payments. As this amount has gone out of your bank account, I would assume that you paid for the policy on-line with your debit card? (e.g. delta, maestro etc).

If this is the case then the Direct Debit Guarantee will not apply.

Were you paying by instalments?