Crash This Morning

Pioneer0161
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I was awoken this morning to find a Rover had ploughed into the back end of my car that was parked outside my house. The guy just missed my neighbour who had been to the shop.

He sped off leaving my car severely damaged. I have reported this to the police and officers are on their way. The problem I have is that I am only covered with a TPFT policy.

I did get his registration number but if the police cannot trace him or they do and there is no insurance - will I have to pay the cost of the repair to my car out of my own pocket?

Thanks

Edited by Pioneer0161

Is there not a company who insure against uninsured drivers? Can't remember what they are called but it may come to me!! Did your neighbour see the registration and can he witness for you, otherwise the police may say it is your word against his

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Company called Motor Insurers Bureau Tel no- 01908830001 web site- Welcome To MIB and MIIC Address-Linford Wood House 6-12 Capital Drive Linford Wood Milton Keynes MK14 6XT. This is a government backed agency that pay out in the event of an uninsured driver or an untraceable driver. Hope this helps

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Not a great way to start your weekend!!

In the event that the driver is untraceable, then the short answer is yes unfortunately you will have to stump up the cost yourself(hence the problem with TPFT cover).

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!