style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Serious question - honestly.

We have the neighbours from hell who are always complaining to the council as they obviously have nothing better to do. In the ten years we have lived here we have had the 'gardening police' (when the house was rented) because we hadn't weeded the garden (I had a six week old baby at the time), the RSPCA, the council several times, complaints that our dog was howling the place down when she was at work with the OH and we could prove it. General and unjustified harassment!

Latest one is that we had an old bed and other items, emailed the council to have them collected, found out it now costs money and didn't get round to contacting them to pay. Next thing some jobsworth from the council has been round - bed and mattresses are likely to attract rats (forget about the empty repossessed house down the road where there are rats) AND there are two or three dog poos in the front garden.:eek::eek::eek:

Well it has peed down most weekends recently and we both work full time so gardening has not been high on the agenda. But what we need to know here is....

This is our house and our land. Yes we have dogs (3) and occasionally they do whoopsies in the garden. But can anyone tell me by what right the council can demand that we pick the poos up? Obviously we now have, and normally do, but I would be interested to know if anyone has any insight into the legalities of this. I just cannot believe that they have the right to walk onto someone's land and make such demands. Would HM the Q have the same problem with the corgis in her own garden for instance?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

A local council can request certain things, even to private residents, because they have a "duty of care" to other residents in the street.

Waste and in particular vermin, are a problem which results in disease, and obviously they cannot allow that.

It does seem that you have become the centre of a hate campaign.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!