Scottish Power - PrePayment Meters - Disabled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:( Hi Everyone, I have been stuck with scottich Power for 6 years or so and have always continiously been sent estimated bills for Gas & Electric.

Whenever things got difficult they would not investigate overestimates and also have o

put me on pre payment meters, including court costs.

Now they still don't have any social tarrif and also won't put me on Rate 7 or 10 for electric.

Can anyone advise about this greedy company?

(Bank Charges - NATWEST - Thanks to everyone on here, I got back £3.600.00p last year).

• 2 weeks later...
Yes ecomomy 7 or 10. They do accept my readings but they are not willing to put me on these special rates....

This is probably because you wouldn't benefit from being on these tariffs, they're for properties with night storage heating, if you don't have this they would actually work out a lot more expensive!

Hi if you are disabled contact them and ask do they do a energey care tariff if not switch to swalec i am disabled and on benefits

Swalec put me on a energy care tariff i only pay 9.35 per unit instead of 15.62 and thats with prepayment key meters big difference on prices

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

Ok

First of all Im going to assume that these meters were put in under warrant. Court costs would only arise with a gas / electric company if they applied for a warrant to go into your property to change the meter. Can we have some more information

Gas / Electric

Meter installation history

Payments etc.

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

Not Really they dont need a warrant if you go into arrears they will write and state that if you do not pay we will disconnect your supply they then offer to install prepaid meters if you refuse they will then take you to court to get a warrant to disconnect your supply as they have offered to put in pre paid meters the judge will grant them a warrant on the grounds that they made a offer that you could pay so much a week back

Maybe the meters where already installed there

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

Whenever things got difficult they would not investigate overestimates and also have o

put me on pre payment meters, including court costs.

They will only ever put court costs on a prepayment meter if they have gone in under a warrant. I used to work with these guys for one of the big ones. It was my job to justify prepayment debt before setting it on the meter after warrant. I am also sure that there is some regulation out there which deems a prepayment meter as unsuitable for someone who is disabled. I knew that we were not allowed to process a warrant if the customer was classed as "vulnerable".

If the prepayment meters were there when the customer moved in they should have sent a new prepayment card through the post which should have resetted all of the meters and wiped any previous debt from owner.

Once again - gas / electricty? My area of expertise is great in gas and I know enough about electricity to send any energy company with their tale between their legs. The good thing about prepayment meters is that if they were there before you moved in you should not in most circumstances owe any debt to the gas companies.

If you pay on a key, smartcard for electric then all of your payments will be kept on file with meter readings. If you pay on a token card then then the payments will be kept on file but not the readings.

For gas all payments are kept on file with readings. Give us some more information so we can help you out.

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

No - It gets quite upsetting sometimes. We will have to wait and see.