Collision in a private car park?

scott808
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

To go over your points, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but likely you will be held responsible, by your own admission you were reversing. The fact you were in a car park which was for residents only will not make any difference.

The highway code is not law - there are extracts from the Road Traffic Act contained within it. It is just a bets practice guide/standard we all learn to drive to.

You can certainly try and claim from his insurers, but the likely hood they will dispute liability as their client was there to be seen. (Hope i don't sound harsh).

You can take out a civil claim, but remember you have a duty under your insurance to report all incidents.

Perhaps see what he says and whether he is wanting to claim....

Hope this helps a bit!

WE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPENED AT MORRISONS DID ALL MY CHECKS BANG THIS CAR IGNORED ME REVERSEING OUT OF THE SPACE. GOT OUT OF CARE YOUNG LADY CRYING SORRY SORRY I DID`T SSE YOU YOU . I D=SAID DON`T WORRY NOT MUCH DAMAGE DONE. SHE SAID TO ME IT WAS HER FAULT SUN WAS IN EYES.

I WAS ONE WEEK LATER MY WIFE PHONED THIS WOMEN AND SHE SAID IT WAS MY FAULT AND SHE WAS NOT TO BLAME

MY INSURANCE COMPANY AGRRED WITH HER AND PAID OUT

i WAS TOLD BY THE INSURANCE PEOPLE IT WAS MY FAULT,AS I WAS REVERSING OUT OF A SPACE.

B4E

NEVER TALK TO A ---D.C.A ON THE TELE[PHONE UNLESS YOU`RE D.M.D

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/diskmandave/CAG-LIBEL.jpg

forum-rules-please-read

ConsumerWiki - A-Z Index

PLEASE DONATE TO CAG,EVERY LITTLE HELPS

--------------------------------

Any Advice given by me is based on solely on my experiance or opnion. I have no Legal background.

If i have helped in any way please feel free to click my scales

Thank You blue4ever:grin:

Edited by blue4ever
SPELLING

Sorry let me make myself clear.

You do have to car insurance for a road, but a car park is not deemed as a road. As such it is difficult to enforce the Road Traffic Act when accident happened in a car park. But what i am saying is the motor insurers often disregard where it happened in any case and then just look at the circumstances. It is so unfortunate because in your case clearly it was split second.

Speak to your motor insurers and i am sure they will give you more of a heads up.

best of luck

Edited by salsajoe

Sorry, I became paranoid of the red writing saying "claims touts".

Also I'm always a little concerned at what info is building up on me on the net... See I'm paranoid. But its always good to be a little paranoid...!

Anyway I'm going to donate sometime, as you guys helped me out with a £800 bank claim. Just got to get around to it... Must wait as you might be able to link me to it...!

OK

thanks, I'm going to

delete

this thread now as its up on public display.

Thanks again.

The thread has always been up on public display. Others may have a similar problem and your thread may help them but without your posts it's meaningless. The site only works because everyone shares their knowledge and information.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Just because you are paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you... :D

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Yes I got a little worried before an edit earlier when the words "so there" for some reason became RED and underlined, like the claims tout message to the side. Now there's a green "deleted" so I think I'm ok now!