style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings to all:)

New to the foray here. Been fighting "them" forever. Looks like i found some like minded folk here. I have never liked rolling over and giving in and will fight my corner almost to the death. Amongst my opposition has been, the councils planning dept. (several times) Inland Revenue, British Airways, Council tax valuation dept. Council tax, several banks:eek: DWP, Post office, and a few more. Sometimes successful, sometimes not.

My latest sword crossing is with the Council Tax (divide, wits x 2)

Can't find a Council Tax forum yet. Hoping some one can give me some ideas as to where i stand on this one.

I am currently staying with friends and have just received a "Council Tax Request for Information" form.

The house a large one and contains a part that was built 20yrs ago (with planning permission) to accomodate the owners mother. The owners mother unfortunatley died about three years ago.

Although there is a seperate entrance to the part i live i have access to the whole house through a door next to the entrance. The owner pays the council tax on the whole property which i believe is in band "G" .I have looked for rules on this one but most information i have found appertains to students.

So,please, does anyone know the rules for "staying with friends" where CT is concerned?? Do i really have to pay extra CT when it is already being paid?? I have'nt responed to the CT yet, Hoping for some inside info before i do:confused:

Right! off to my first port of call! CAB

N.N.