Please help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a thread in here a few days ago called None fault accident but no MOT .

I am so worried about this i am losing sleep, i don't have a clue what is going to happen.

As i said in my previous post i had no idea it had expired, i knew it was due to expire but not as soon as it did, so it was out of date by 14 days.

Please please can someone advise me. The third party has provided a courtsey car and also had my car removed after inspection, but this was all done before i was aware my MOT had expired.

Thankyou for your time.

OK first off don't lose sleep, your claim will be dealt with, failure to have a current MOT is not an excuse to deny liability, however it may (and I stress MAY) result in a reduced payout if your car is wrote off (a car with no MOT is worth less than a car with a full MOT).

The Insurance Company cannot prosecute you for failure to have an MOT nor would they (well I might report you if I was handling your claim and you were a right pain in the arse in my dealings with you!!!), no seriously though sometimes genuine oversights do occur, it happens quite frequently and it doesn't stop a claim going through.

One word of advice, don't volunteer this info, wait and see if MOT certificate is requested, then admit it stressing you only realised after the accident.

Post back if you get any more concerns

Mossy

(PS I'd normally offer £200 - £300 less for a vehicle with no MOT, but that's a very general guideline)

Thanks Mossy,

They did request my MOT, so i rang the third party insurance and explained the situation and they said that it would not affect the payout as it was only 14 days out of date, thanks again