Negative PayPal balance for over 60 days! What to do?

Eddddd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

So it's been a long time after someone scammed me over a deal and PayPal refused to listen. The [EDIT] won the claim and I lost both my item and the money.

PayPal left me with a -$768 balance and has been sending me e-mails to resolve the balance, but I haven't. I thought it would be fine just letting it be that way because I meant it was unfair for me to pay back something that's actually mine.

Now recently the email changed to this:

Your PayPal account has been negative for 60 days or more. To avoid further collection remedies, please add funds to your account and bring the balance to at least zero.

Your PayPal account may be limited or locked if you do not add funds to your account. You will not have access to your account if it is limited or locked.

To add funds to your account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.

2. Click "Restore Your Balance".

3. Follow the instructions to transfer funds to your PayPal account in at least the amount of your negative balance.

You can add funds using a check or money order.

Make your check or money order payable to PayPal, and send it to:

PayPal P.O. Box 45950 Omaha, NE 68145-0950

Please include the email address associated with your PayPal account in the memo area and allow ten business days for the funds to be posted to your PayPal account.

If the outstanding balance is not resolved, additional collection remedies may be used to bring this account current.

So it's kinda stupid, my situation. It's my mothers card that's connected to the PayPal, and she's been letting me use it as long as I ask her first. Will anything happen with her credit card or something, a bad credit card history or something? I read around to see if I could get any answers, but didn't get it clear. If I resolve the balance, will it all be fine? I'd rather pay that price to avoid my mom having a 7 year bad history on her credit card, from something that I've(the [EDIT], actually) have caused.

Please help me with an answer ASAP.

Should I resolve/pay back, or is it fine by letting it be negative?

I live in Europe, btw. Any chance I can get any collection parties sent on me?

Early thanks!

Is the paypal account in her name or yours?

The next step is paypal will pass the balance onto their debt collection monkeys (either NCO or Interum Justitia in my experience) and they will pursue whoever the paypal account is registered to

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

You say [EDIT] ? what was the [problem] over. Me, i would contact the police if you can show it was a fraudulant act.

If it is NCO dont bother with phone call to them, as you will get nowhere with that lot, just send them a letter saying you dispute the amount.

Technically you are already in breach of PayPal's terms and conditions. Are you using your mums card because you are not old enough to have your own? (Under 18 years). The trouble here is that it is PayPal's ball, and if you make errors you pay the price if a [problem] has taken place. If the buyer hasn't got his goods (or claims not to), then you need to prove he received it - did you insure the package and/or require the buyer to sign for your property. If you didn't - it's tough luck, but you still are in a no-win situation. If under age, you could reject their claim, but then your mum becomes complicit by loaning her card and she therefore carries the can. Naturally, you'll be barred from PayPal for being under age.

At the end of the day, PayPal will pursue your household for the repayment of the funds owed which will involve debt collectors and possibly legal action.

I'm under 18 years old, yes.

And what I was selling was a game account to an online game. I tried to win the claim through PayPal but they didn't listen to me and just let the [EDIT] win. I don't have enough solid proof to prove the [EDIT]. All I had was a name, e-mail address and previous [EDIT] records connected to his e-mail and name(looked up on google, he's done it before).

Please help me out. CAN I PAY BACK THE RESOLVE NOW AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN? Because I don't have enough proof, I don't believe there's a chance for me to just tell someone it was a [problem] although I'm serious about it being a [problem]. The [EDIT] got the online account that was worth a lot(1st post) and he didn't spend a cent on it.

Will it be alright if I pay back the resolve? It's easier to do that, talk it out with my mom than having her encounter any trouble.

The PayPal's under my name, not my mothers.

Edit: And if only solution is to pay the resolve, how much time will I have?

Edited by Eddddd

Because you were not selling a tangible product, PayPal is not ideal when it comes to protecting you, as you discovered. As long as you clear the debit amount, you'll be fine. You simply credit your account so that it has a zero balance and that will be an end to it. Do remember, that because you are effectively under age they should not be able to enforce payments, but because you were complicit in telling them you were over 18 (and provided a CC) there's not a lot to be gained by this.