nasty default letter

oscar21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I insured my van through kwikfit insurance back in January for about £300. I paid monthly through close premium finance ltd. circa £30 per month. I have just changed bank accounts and was in the process of contacting the various people to set up new direct debits, however my van insurance must have been due to come out before I had chance to set one up.

The letter they sent is way over the top, it states 'as a consequence of this default we have issued the formal default notice.... you have been charged a £20 administration fee for this defaul and demand letter...' and it goes on and on culminating in:-

IF YOU HAVE DIFICULTY IN PAYING BLA BLA BLA YOU CAN APPLY TO THE COURT WHICH MAY MAKE AN ORDER ALOWING YOU MORE TIME TO PAY.

wtf, what court, anyway I was going to set up a new direct debit but now they can get stuffed, I'm not paying the £20 admin fee, I'm not paying the £5 non direct debit fee they want. I wil send them the cheque for the £30, cancel the insurance (if I can-will check it out in a min) and send them an equally nasty letter back telling them to shove it up their botty.

It gets even more bizzare, I've just checked the paperwork and the october payment would have been the last one, it was payable over 10 months. What a great way to get a customer to renew!

The Consumer Credit Act requires them to tell you that you can apply to the Court for the set-aside or variation of a Default Notice, and they have used the statutory wording.

I wouldn't draw any offence from it.

That said, I would refuse to pay the £25 in fees.

SV

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)