style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don’t know where to post this, mods / admin feel free to relocate.

Please bear with me, if this looks to long to read, there is a possibility my car may be written off following an accident, I don’t have the funds to purchase a 2nd hand car, yet I need a car as I work shifts, and have to travel 20 miles away from home, due to my shift pattern, public transport is not an option and my employer is not the “Caring kind”

I’m on a DMP with CCCS, my credit rating is zilch, so I’ve no idea what to do.

Without my car, I have no job, no job means no mortgage payments, no mortgage payments means no home, god, I’m so, so, stressed out with worry I could cry, I’ve suffered from nervous breakdown previously, I’m frightened to death of entering that road again.

After the initial few months agro with creditors, my DMP has now settled down and my creditors have left me alone, that last thing I need is my DMP to fail

At present I have a curtsey car whilst my car is awaiting a report on it.

In the event of me losing my car, I doubt there is much I can do, I’ll have to accept the consequences, but there are many knowledgeable members on here, I’m praying someone has a suggestion or can point me in the right direction towards a positive outcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post

Edited by Von Greenbach
Spelling

Hi, yes this is the wrong place, but I have asked that this be moved to the insurance forum where knowledgable people will be able to help you.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi Lulu

It’s not so much an insurance issue I have, my problem is trying to get a car, given my credit rating and DMP status, that’s what I’m hoping someone can suggest / direct me.

Sorry I never made it clear in my mixed up post, I'm not thinking clearly.

Has liability been determined if there is another party?

Can your employer provide a sub (if suitable)?

Is there anyone who could give you a lift?

Cycle?

And when you say public transport is not an option do you mean you dont want to consider it or that its impossible to get to and from work by such?

If your car is repairable then you will get it back an should be able to keep the courtesy car until then. If it is a total loss then the insurer will provide money to replace it or sometimes (depending on insurer / age of car and value) replace the car themselves.

Thread moved to insurance forum. I think this is the most appropriate forum.

Sorry if this I am missing something here but if the car is written of then surely you can replace it with the payout from the insurance company?

Freaky, you're correct, I should get a payout from the insurance, you know what, my mind is all over the place, that hadn't even entered my head.

Sorry for any confusion.

Has liability been determined if there is another party? .

No, I checked with the highways agency, and they are unable to trace where the debris came from.

Can your employer provide a sub (if suitable)?.

No, there not that kind of company, i.e, they don't give a ****e about there employees.

Is there anyone who could give you a lift?

Cycle?.

No, due to the times of my shift pattern.

And when you say public transport is not an option do you mean you dont want to consider it or that its impossible to get to and from work by such?.

It's impossible to get to work via public transport, the bus service only operates during office hours.

If your car is repairable then you will get it back an should be able to keep the courtesy car until then. If it is a total loss then the insurer will provide money to replace it or sometimes (depending on insurer / age of car and value) replace the car themselves.

My car is 7 years old so not worth much, this is where I'm getting stressed, I don't I'd be able to buy anything decent for around £1000, and due to my credit status / DMP status, I'm sure I'd have difficulty trying to get a car.

Thanks for your reply.

You would be amazed at what you can buy for £1000 at the moment.:)

You will definitely get something to get you to work and back.

Stole my thunder FL.

The car market is as dead as the housing market.Dealers are struggling & many families are having to offload second cars.

It's just the timescale where you may have problems and actually getting around to look for one.

Can you crash out at a work mates place for a while if necessary?

• Haha 1

You would be amazed at what you can buy for £1000 at the moment.:)

The car market is as dead as the housing market.Dealers are struggling & many families are having to offload second cars

Do you know, I hadn't looked at it like that, that's made me feel slightly better, thanks.

It's just the timescale where you may have problems and actually getting around to look for one.

Yes it is, if they write my car off, they will take away the free curtsey car, it's that time scale that's bothering me, thanks to you both for your words of support.

If it is written off purely for economical reasons (i.e - it would be OK to repair (safe) but would cost a lot) you could ask for a cash in lieu and maybe take it to a cheaper (but trustworthy) repairer who would.... provide a courtesy car whilst they repair yours! Ask your insurer.