Car wrote off they are offering less than half what it will cost to replace HELP PLEASE!

carolan78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We paid £900 for a vaxhaul corsa diesel M reg in June this year. It was hit from behind and now its been deemed an uneconomical repair. The otherside have admitted liabilty and provided a hire car but the company dealing with the loss are offering stupid amounts.

The first offer was £300 minus £200 because they concidered the car paint work to be dull. I refused and told them there we're only 3 on auto trader within a 20 mile radius and one that was £400 and no MOT ect had already sold. the others are £800.

They then came back with an offer of £500 minus £150 and refused to budge any higher. I then sat on the phone and went through auto trader with the adjuster and he said he would have to get a collegue to look at it and get back to me, as the other M reg was a 95 M reg and ours is a 94 M reg. Apparently ours is worth conciderably less because of this (which I do not agree).

Where do I stand if they do not offer enough to replace the car, where can I go to get this issue sorted out fairly? We need a small diesel as it is the car my husband uses for the 80 mile trip to work and back each day so petrol isn't an option even though you can pick them up cheaper. We also can't get another small car as hubby is 6"4 and the corsa is the only small car he just fits into. With all the travelling he will be doing in it surely they can't expect him to find a differant model thats maybe cheaper!

I'm just getting so stressed by it all because I am worried we will not be able to replace the car as we don't have any spare cash to add to what they give us. Seems very unfail concidering the accident wasn't even our fault.

If you paid £900 for an M reg Diesel Corsa, I'm guessing it had quite low milage? You'll need to try and find a few adverts for an identical car with same milage, then send them to the insurance. Try a wider radius if it means you can show it's worth more than £500, although £900 sounds rather steep for a 14 year old car!!

A typical M Reg diesel corsa on autotrader with around £100k miles seems to be between £500 and £600

• Haha 1