None fault RTC but have no MOT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice, we was involved in an rtc 2 weeks ago. We were traveling through a little village along the main road, we had just started passing a crossroads ( which we had right of way), when a motorbike shot straight of the junction past a stop sign and impacted the right side of my car, where my youngest son was sitting in the back.As a result of this accident my car has been written off, the motorbike rider has claimed responsability for the accident, as he went through the stop sign.

My car has now been collected by his insurance company after an assessor looked at it, and i have recieved a letter requesting my regastration document and also mot, i have got these together and discovered that my mot ran out 2weeks before the rtc. The police did attend the accident did all the relevent checks and said everything was fine, so obviously i thought no more until getting the letter today, and found out my documents.

I am now worried as to what will happen when i send off the documents, and if i have really lost everything. Does this mean that i will no longer recieve the settlement which has been agreed between myself and the third party insurance.

Edited by 8782
added more info.

So far as I know (though it is a very long time since I worked in claims) the only effect will be on the value of the vehicle - a car without an MOT is worth a lot less than one with.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.