Council Dog Wardens

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there is some mangy excuse of a mutt that seems to be a stray although of a night / morning he does bark outisde one particular person's house. I am not sure tht person owns the dog - it roams round during the daytime.

I have contacted the local council about three times now and have once seen the dog warden van come around.

However, some of the residents seem to treat stray dogs as community pets - certain people leave out food and water for them, and once, when the dog warden came around, there was not a single mutt in sight. Its like someone tips off others that the warden is about and the strays are hidden.

I've asked the dog warden if they can come in an unmarked van but they said they cant, and they wont come out of a night time / morning which is when this dog in particular is driving me up the wall with the incessant barking.

Anyone got any ideas that do NOT include doggicide?

I'm not saying you should do this, as it would be misleading the council (and who wants to do that), but there was a stray dog round here for a few days, many neighbours called the wardens, but nothing happened. After about 4 days it killed one of my neighbours cats, the wardens were called and had collected it within the hour as there are loads of children that live round here!

It was one of those dogs that 'hard men' have on a harness.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

I'm not saying you should do this, as it would be misleading the council (and who wants to do that), but there was a stray dog round here for a few days, many neighbours called the wardens, but nothing happened. After about 4 days it killed one of my neighbours cats, the wardens were called and had collected it within the hour as there are loads of children that live round here!

It was one of those dogs that 'hard men' have on a harness.

Ooh Shell - how rude pmsl;)

Have you tried talking to the people in the house that it is barking outside? if it is being shoved outside and looks like it isnt being treated, call the RSPCA

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Ooh Shell - how rude pmsl;)

You've got it all wrong Chancellor, those kind wear grubby macks and have a funny look on their faces.

You are a bad, bad boy :p

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Have you tried talking to the people in the house that it is barking outside? if it is being shoved outside and looks like it isnt being treated, call the RSPCA

talk to someone round where I live? I'd be lucky if I didn't get knifed!

Haven't seen the dog for a few days now so hopefully the warden has got it or at least I hope so for the dog's sake....

Like this?:eek:

LOL, similar but with a bit of a furrow between the eyebrows.

George Bernard Shaw