Royal Mail Tracking issues.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Royal mail is currently having issues with its tracking system. I have complained and here is there response.

Dear The GodMother

Thank you for your email regarding the Signed For items you recently

posted.

Unfortunately we currently have a major IT issue with Royal Mail Tracked

scanned items being recorded on Scanners, but NOT flowing through to the

Tracking Web site and Tracking Enquiry Intranet site. This situation has

been occurring intermittently and our IT supplier, CSC, is investigating

the issue urgently.

This means that the tracking of your despatches though our network may not

be showing, even when delivery has taken place.

We understand the full importance of this issue to you and we are treating

it as a top priority. Please accept our apologies.

With regards

Carol Wilson

Customer Service Advisor

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

iwell this email was recieved by me today.

I have been trying to get proof of signature for a letter sent over a month ago when i complained.

they advertise 72 hours from delivery so at a month on i thought it was necessary.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No need this is the latest update.

I have just mailed my fathers very important medication to him by special delivery. I hope they get there by tomorrow as he has run out.:confused:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I have just mailed my fathers very important medication to him by special delivery. I hope they get there by tomorrow as he has run out.:confused:

Receipt said it would be there for 1.00.pm, so went online to check at 1.05pm. To my surprise it said it was delivered. After speaking to my dad, he said it was there about 9.00am.

Thumbs up to RM from me I'm afraid.

p.s. It also says on the web that the minimum charge for next day special delivery is £10.30, that is for items up to 100g. My parcel was 360g and they only charged me £5.05. :-D

hi sodem

the ten pound charge is next day special before 9 am

the five pound special is next day before one thirty

ive also checked about the track and trace being down or having problems,

every thing ok

seems royal mail customer services is going into over drive on excuses

there is no problem with track and trace, or reported problem

well iam not calling u a liar but i have the evidence to prove i complained and still no signature for the deliverys made OVER a moth ago altho they have been deliverd as it says it is but the companys want a signature b4 they accept it.

My FIL is very very high up in RM and he is being told a different story to u post.

there is no problem with them finding out if the item has been delivered what the problem is is gaining the signature as that is a issue for the comps. All my packages have been saying they are delivered but non have a signature.

Yes u can get a refund but you need to wait 15 days after delivery for Recorded delivery and depending on the service u chose and what your guarenteed delivery date is with special but u can get a refund with this service.

I have been told if any dobt please contact the RM customer services line as they will be able to personally advise you more.

What would you like to contact us about?ServicePhone numberOpening hoursInformationPostcode enquiriesWeekday peak times0906 302 12228am - 6pm Monday to FridayCall this number to find a Postcode. Calls cost 50p per minute, to a maximum of £5Off peak08457 1112226pm - 8pm, Monday to Friday

9am - 5.30pm on SaturdayCall this number to find a Postcode outside normal office hours. Calls charged at the local rateTextphone08456 000 6068am - 7.30pm, Monday to Friday

8am - 12pm on SaturdayTelephone number for the hard of hearingOnline Postage087024090858am - 6pm, Monday to FridayCall this number with general, technical or refund enquiries about Online PostageOnline shop - For Stamp Collectors or small orders for stampsOnline shop08457 641 641

Overseas +44 131 316 74838.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday

Redirections onlineFrom within UK - 08457 740 7408am - 7.30pm, Monday to FridayCall this number to contact a Customer Service advisorQuery about our websiteFrom within UK - 08456 060 406

International - +44 12267825038am - 6pm, Monday to FridayCall this number with questions about our website and how to use itAll other general enquiriesFrom within UK - 08457 740 740

International callers - +44 1752387112

Textphone 084560006068am - 7.30pm, Monday to Friday

8am - 2.30pm on SaturdaysCall this number to contact a Customer Service advisor

You will find that if you put any of these numbers into the link below, you will be given alternative numbers. For instance:- 0906 302 222. You can actually dial 08457 111222. It gets you through to the same place for 10p per min instead of 50p. Also, Most 0845 numbers you put in will be replaced with an 01 or 02 landline number. Give it a try. It works when you are trying to contact your Bank, Gas/Electricity company. In fact it will nearly always give you a landline number instead of having to pay top prices to be stuck on the phone for hours.;)

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

sometimes you even get 0800 numbers. The companies hate this site. We love it.

Please add to my rep if you feel this has helped for future things. TY

Edited by SOD'EM
Typo

We checked out items sent by recorded delivery, one was to Kilmarnock in Scotland and the other was to the Town next door to us. The Kilmarnock one was delivered the next day as, paid for, however, the one to the town next door has go walkies.

So we called royal mail up, now I am sure she was trying to get as many gags in as possible or trying to get fired.

Royal Mail can't keep track of its Postmen never mind the post.

Royal mail tries to Deliver first class post the next day, however the next day to what no one knows.

Royal Mail handle 50 Million items a day however how many millions are lost and broken, I wouldn't like to guess.

So when will my next day delivery be delivered? You can't tell, you can't mess around with the forces of Delivery.

At this stage I gave up.

So if you posted something to Scotland or other side of the UK great it will be there tomoz, if its the next town, you better take it yourself. My claim for lost items will be going in as my gf DOB Certificate was in it and details about me.

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

• 3 months later...

I posted a parcel on 09/01/09 at 9-25am it is now 20/01/09 the tracking system tells me it is out for delivery today,but it told me that yesterday, I have e-mailed twice without a response and phoned the 0845 number from the website, this is an automated message system that also told me parcel out for delivery today.

I need to talk to a person and find out where my important parcel is, can anyone supply with a phone number that gets me through to a real person. This experience with royal mail has left me with no confidence whatsoever. This is now 11 days and the parcel not arrived

how weird... im waiting for a pacel that was sent to me on the 9th jan lol surely cant be the same thing lol

anyway to get to speak to a human call

it will ask you to talk to a computer and say your tracking number..... complete this step but when it asks you for the date you sent it just say you dont know and the comp will throw a wobbly and put you through to someone from this planet..... i cant garuntee which country they will put you through too though lol

• 2 years later...

Any help I can get guys for my issue would be great, I posted a 240 x 180 jiffy last tuesday 31/06/11 with a single stick of faulty ram inside and its still apparently not arrived at its destination by today 07/06/11 . I'm fed up with being given the runaround by the computer system and the automated service through their phones so I'm just wondering if I can get a human anywhere to help because it seems impossible to me that this company should be allowed to say sorry we can't track post even tho we provide tracking numbers or that our system can't track the mail even though its being checked through the system at a myriad of different points even more so when you consider my parcel would have to have been handled by humans as it was too big to be handled mechanically :( I am one not impressed user of royal mails services I have lost countless items over the years through these people but this year is taking the biscuit 4 items already whether recorded or first class have been lost by them with no real response on their part. pls any advice would be welcome

Unfortunately this time was sent through first class in a packed out jiffy by the other half as she had finally had enough of not getting any responses from recorded delivery items she was waiting on so I'm proper fixed to a surface helically along an inclined plane :) Is there anything i can do though I'm really not happy with whats gone on , and thanx for the quick reply :)