Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder BoSBoY Novitiate BoSBoY's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2008
    I am in
    Scotland

Question Jacamo Credit Account

I set up an account with jacamo a few weeks back, they gave me a credit limit of 250 to start me off. its capped for three month according to the site until i have established payment history with them, suites me.. BUT
    i got the paper work though (i tend to skim the small print) and noticed that they stated the amount of credit is 25.00 not 250.00.. i still have access to the 250.00

dose this matter, should i ask for a new agreement?

Similar Threads:

Banned Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    Angie Knights' cabinet with night vision technology

Default Re: Jacamo Credit Account

Jacamo AKA J.D.Williams...amongst other alias's.

If you want to do things right, then call them and ask them to send out revised paperwork (I assume you need to sign a contract). Personally I'd just sign what they have stated, so if they play funny down the line you'd have more ammo on your side. This company's right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, they don't even credit check (well, they never used to). I suspect the they have missed a zero, in error, but that won't change your availiable balance - as you say.

Having said that - whatever you sign will be binding, so it won't make any difference (I don't think) if it says 25 or 250...

Basic Account Holder little2952 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,

I have had a credit acc with Jacamo now for about a year. But going through some old transactions i noticed a 'Service Charge'- i hadnt noticed it before, which is strange but anyway, in the past six months every month there has been a sevice charge ranging form 15-22.

So just wondering if this is a charge for having the privalilge of the credit facility or something more sinister?

app any comments

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

What did they say when you queried it?

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

Hi, Well i have not queried it yet, i just wanted to know if anyone knew about it or had anything similar occurred.

One thing that is puzzling me about this is, Im sure that wasnt on there before, like its been added....mmn

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Additions likwe these can be justified or unjustified, it all depends what it is, what it is for and whether you've been advised of it, which is why you need to start with their response.

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

ok thanks i will try and find out from them.

Basic Account Holder borisbeaver Novitiate borisbeaver Novitiate borisbeaver's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    Redruth - Cornwall

What does it say on your Account page?

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office
    Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client
    Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client
    Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client
    Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's
    Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder GreatWonder Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by little2952 View Post
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help,

I have had a credit acc with Jacamo now for about a year. But going through some old transactions i noticed a 'Service Charge'- i hadnt noticed it before, which is strange but anyway, in the past six months every month there has been a sevice charge ranging form 15-22.

So just wondering if this is a charge for having the privalilge of the credit facility or something more sinister?

app any comments

I believe 'Service Charge' is their way of making 'interesticon' sound much nicer!

I opened a JD Williams account and within 5 months my credit limit was 900. I have not purchased anything since my initial small order. Slightly O/T but I'm amazed at some of their prices on high street lines, sometimes over double other retailers selling price and then their extortionate interest on top!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE