Purchase price for bad debt?

wooldra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have a notion as to what price a Collection agency pays for a bad debt. I.E. a credit card company has an amount owed of 10,000 & is being paid by the creditor at the rate (agreed with the CC company of £50 per month). Suddenly without warning a third party (the collection agency) contacts the creditor, saying that they now own the debt and no further contact (or payment) is to be made to the original cc company!. Furthermore they demand immediate payment of the full sum and will not accept any form of repayment schedule. My suspicion is that this is perfectly legal practise, but I would like to establish a ball park figure that the agency has paid the credit card company for the debt, my view is probably between 20 - 40 %, anyone have a view on this?.

i read a post some where on here yesterday that came from the TIMES NEWS PAPER it stated that with the increase of dca's the practice of buying debt has gone up and the price of aquiring the debt from banks has gone down to between 3% & 20% of there face value

Edited by huggy41
not had enought coffee yet

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Kind of explains why they are so vociferous!

I guess If I was only paying £90 for a £3000 debt, I would want final payment in full too, however I just couldnt bring myself to use the tactics the qualling fen-sucked giglets that work for the DCA's do.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).