student nurse - Council tax discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

As some of you may know, I am a student nurse who has had financial problems recently.

I just have a question about council tax discount.

I know I am entitled to a 25% reduction as I have a husband living with me. I informed the council of this last year but have only just supplied them with the evidence they needed to actually give me the discount. This is because I have been waiting for my university to supply me with a copy of the proof I needed.

I am expecting for the council to say to me that because I have only just given them proof; that they will not back date the claim (would be handy if they would because I have arrears!).

What I would like to know is can I argue with them to back date it? Is it worth the hassle of it? Or should I just accept it and enjoy future discounts?

Thanks

Caz

Guest Old_andrew2018
Hi,

As some of you may know, I am a student nurse who has had financial problems recently.

I just have a question about council tax discount.

I know I am entitled to a 25% reduction as I have a husband living with me. I informed the council of this last year but have only just supplied them with the evidence they needed to actually give me the discount. This is because I have been waiting for my university to supply me with a copy of the proof I needed.

I am expecting for the council to say to me that because I have only just given them proof; that they will not back date the claim (would be handy if they would because I have arrears!).

What I would like to know is can I argue with them to back date it? Is it worth the hassle of it? Or should I just accept it and enjoy future discounts?

Why not argue, its hardly your fault that the uni were slow in providing the evidence the council requested.

Also you could pop in to one of your local councillors surgeries and ask them to assist, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thanks

Caz

Regards

Andy