Definition of a full driving license?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have one? I think it simply means one that is not a provisional.:confused:

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against). However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?

Does anyone have one? Yep, can't afford to drive though! I think it simply means one that is not a provisional.:confused: When you've passed your test and applied for the full one yep - I think so - was 13 years ago, and yesterday is misty enough lol.

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against) I loved my auto, it was great. However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?

Yes, words are confusing me though - you don't need 'an automatic licence' :confused:. If i'm misssing the point, I just got up!!

Does anyone have one? I think it simply means one that is not a provisional.:confused:

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against). However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?

You have a full licence to drive an automatic car only.

I'm sure you know this bit but, still gonna post it :p

If you pass your test in a manual, you are licenced to drive a manual or an automatic

If you pass your test in an automatic, you are only licenced to drive automatics.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Locutus is correct, Manual = both, Auto = Auto only.

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks all (I think!) - I am aware that an automatic license does not allow driving a manual vehicle (unless accompanied etc as per a provisional).

It's just simply that U have driven automatics before. I don't see the point in all these extra pedals and that funny stick in the middle. Why do all the work when the car can do it for you? I have also taken lessons in a manual and, believe me, I was no good. Even the instructor said I should stick to automatics!

I've tried looking for the answer on other forums but all they consist of are a list of pros and cons for each.

So it is a full license in its own right then?

Yes Gyz, it is. You have a full license for automatic cars. :D

Lex

( I have a auto myself, but I try and be there when I can ;))

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.