Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    Hell

Default Definition of a full driving license?

Does anyone have one? I think it simply means one that is not a provisional.

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against). However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?

Similar Threads:

Banned Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    Angie Knights' cabinet with night vision technology

Default Re: Definition of a full driving license?

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo View Post
    Does anyone have one? Yep, can't afford to drive though! I think it simply means one that is not a provisional. When you've passed your test and applied for the full one yep - I think so - was 13 years ago, and yesterday is misty enough lol.

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against) I loved my auto, it was great. However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?
    Yes, words are confusing me though - you don't need 'an automatic licence' . If i'm misssing the point, I just got up!!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Hertfordshire

yes you could but you probably should add the proviso (automatic) after

Banned Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand Authoritative Thailand's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in

I hope I wasn't breaking the law!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Hertfordshire

if you only have an automatic licence and drive a manual car, then yes you probably are

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in

Were! car sold. I probably assumed it all came under PLG - private light goods? ...oooops

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Hertfordshire

tut tut young man

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus Authoritative locutus's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2007
    I am in
    I am out in out in out I shake me all about

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo View Post
    Does anyone have one? I think it simply means one that is not a provisional.

The reason for asking is that I'm going for an automatic only (I am aware of all the arguments for and against). However, where I to have an automatic license and I were to be asked "do you possess a full driving License" could I answer "yes"?
    You have a full licence to drive an automatic car only.

I'm sure you know this bit but, still gonna post it
    If you pass your test in a manual, you are licenced to drive a manual or an automatic
    If you pass your test in an automatic, you are only licenced to drive automatics.

Site Team Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2006
    I am in
    The South West
    Blog Entries

Locutus is correct, Manual = both, Auto = Auto only.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    Hell

Thanks all (I think!) - I am aware that an automatic license does not allow driving a manual vehicle (unless accompanied etc as per a provisional).

It's just simply that U have driven automatics before. I don't see the point in all these extra pedals and that funny stick in the middle. Why do all the work when the car can do it for you? I have also taken lessons in a manual and, believe me, I was no good. Even the instructor said I should stick to automatics!

I've tried looking for the answer on other forums but all they consist of are a list of pros and cons for each.

So it is a full license in its own right then?

Site Team Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex Authoritative Mr lex's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2006
    I am in
    The South West
    Blog Entries

Yes Gyz, it is. You have a full license for automatic cars.

Lex

( I have a auto myself, but I try and be there when I can )

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE