not sure what to call this thread!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this one, so hopefully you can redirect me if needed.

I have just got home from work and recieved a summons for court from council about council tax , but i had already paid the bill, I called them and said this , they said that because i was late and had a reminder that this is what they do, the guy said i would have to start a new payment scheme with them, which he did giving me new monthly payments amounts. they were higher than the last lot so i asked why, he said its for the charge of £45 for costs for starting legal action, which he now said i dont need to worry about as they have worked out a payment scheme.

The thing is i paid this on line on the 23rd august. the summons was issued 27th august. Can i claim this cost back? the guy on the phone said i would have to write a letter to complain to the council tax manager, he could not wait to get off the phone at this point!!

I have noticed on the original reminder that it states that i must pay the full amount in seven days or i will loose the right to pay in instalments and a summons will be sent which will include costs of £45. can i claim this money back as i had paid before the summons was issued?:confused:

internet banking typically takes 4-5 days [see your banks site]

now, i would accept the £45 and not do it again!

the council quite just as easily demand the whole lot now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...