Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.


Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    aki aki is offline
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    aki Novitiate

    Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007
    Posts : 21 (0.01 post per day)

    Unhappy Inland Revenue tax investigation advice needed


    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I couldnít find a relevant section relating to my query so I posted it in this section?

    I have been the subject of a random Inland Revenue tax investigation recently where they have discovered that I made a sizable cash deposit into my personal account approximately 4 years ago. At that time I was in the process of purchasing a house. As it would have been my first house I didnít have enough money to pay for the deposit. Therefore I borrowed money from friends & family and combined it with my own personal savings, which I then deposited into my account. Unfortunately the house deal fell through. As I no longer needed the money I simply withdrew it from my account and gave it back to the people I borrowed it from.

    The Inland Revenue asked that I provide information as to how I acquired this money? I gave details of the people who I borrowed the money from to the Inland Revenue, but they do not seem to accept this as I canít show a paper trail (because it was a cash deposit).

    Now in this type of investigation is it a case of 'guilty until proven innocent', whereby I have to prove to the Inland Revenue where the money came from? Or is the onus on the Inland Revenue to prove me wrong with evidence to the contrary?

    Iím just looking for a little advice as to where I stand legally on this matter and what my rights are?


    Similar Threads:

  2. #2

    Default Re: Inland Revenue tax investigation advice needed

    I think you need the advice of a forensic accountant

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details