Council Tax Liability Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a visit from a bailiff this evening informing me that he was calling re council tax from 2007/2008.

He said he was here to make an agreement with me and needed to come in to list my goods.

I said that as far as i was aware i didn't have to let him in and the only way he could make his list was by gaining peaceful entry either by me letting him in or him finding an open window etc etc.

He informed me that i was wrong and that if i refused to let him in this evening he would be back with a van and a locksmith in a couple of days.

Is this right ?

After reading up on here, it now seems that the way to go would be they pass the case back to the council and then they go various ways so i believe...attachment to earnings etc.

I am quite willing to contact the council if this will be passed back, although i gather they probably won't take the case back anyway, but it's worth calling them.

Anyway, any advice as to wether he was right and can gain entry by force without me letting him in ever is correct.

Thanks