All inclusive "light"?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need your help urgently please.

I booked a weeks holiday in Cyprus on Sunday via the internet with UK travel. A week in a 5 star hotel all inclusive for £1200. They e-mailed me the travel docs yesterday and it says "all inclusive light" (I have never heard of this ) No mention was made of this by the advisor when I booked and paid in full on my debit card. I have since found out the holiday is via "youtravel" and they have done this before. The light option hardly includes anything.I rang the hotel this morning and was told I would have to pay another £100 on arrival. I have been duped big time and to say I am mad is an understatement. I have rang them several times today all to no avail. I am gutted as it is the first holiday I have had in years. I was completely mis-sold this holiday. I have looked the hotel up in some holiday brochures and it is no cheaper in them so it isnt as if I have had a bargain by doing it through some internet company. Where do I go from here?

All Inclusive Rating

youtravel.com has divided its all-inclusive hotels into four different categories which are shown below. These are Light, Standard, Classic, and Premier. Each all-inclusive hotel will display a sign to show you at a glance into which category it comes you can then see very quickly whether or not it is the right type of package for you. However, it is still essential that you then read the detailed all-inclusive description for the hotel of your choice to ensure that it is entirely suitable and that it meets your personal requirements.

line.gif

ai_light.gif

LIGHT

The youtravel.com Light All Inclusive programme is the first of the all inclusive packages in our categorization. The Light all inclusive will include three meals per day with free drinks. These drinks include beer, wine, soft drinks and mineral water served during meals and at the bar.

We booked it with UK travel, they then put it through youtravel which we didnt know about. There is no mention of light on the web page I chose it from. We were told it was all inclusive-no mention of light. The £100 extra is what the hotel manger told us we would have to pay on top to get the full all inclusive deal when we arrive.

Write to the supplier stating what you were led to expect as "all inclusive" asking them to provide this.

If they do not provide it when you get there, pay the £100 to the hotel, then write again to the supplier on your return asking for a refund.

If no refund, then follow with a Letter Before Action and a Money Claim at the County Court.

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)

Thanks for that Meldrew 2. I will do as you suggest. As I write this I am still waiting a call back from the guy who sold it to me. This is the third day on the run he has said he will call to sort it and hasnt. I am sick to death of calling them and so angry for being taken for a fool.

I read all the details about it, all the Terms and Conditions etc and no mention of "light" ws ever made.

Do you think a call to Trading Standards will help or do you think they will give the advice as you have?

Havinastella

There was no sign displayed at all regarding the different deals. I read all the T's and C's before booking. I trust no-one !I have a print out of what the web site advertises so I know what I paid for and what I was led to expect I would receive. I have been ripped off pure and simple.

Trading Standards helping now.

Thanks

I never understand why people book holiday packages with companies they don't know that well on the net. Come into retail outlets and talk through everything, then you have someone to see if it goes wrong - net bookings have by far the highest level of complaints - what you see is not always what you get...!

Yes I already worked that out for myself. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You obviously work in the industry so advice as to what to do next would be great.

The latest is, they asked me to fax a copy of the web page. I sent it 4 times as they kept saying they hadnt received it. (more delaying tactics). They now promise me a call back on Weds to tell me what they propose to do. The guy who calls himself "Victor" (obviously not his real name if you get my drift) says they may pay for the upgrade as we have been misled. Im not holding my breath.

25 phone calls, 4 faxes,2 e-mails and Im still at square one. My other half is making herself ill with the worry.

NEVER AGAIN !!!