Re: Default Notice- Can It Be Registered A Second Time After 6 Year Rule Has Expired
You shouldn't just stop paying DCA without valid reason. Before taking any action perhaps you should research this issue a little more to ensure you claim your legal rights correctly -
1. Have you ever applied for a CCA from HSBC?
2. Have you received a notice of assignment from HSBC, both for the Equidebt assignment & now the Phoenix one?
3. Did you receive a default notice from HSBC in 1996/7? If so, have you still got it?
4. When was your last payment to Equidebt made?
5. Have you ever reclaimed any unlawful charges aplied to this account eg. late payment, over limit fees?
Reassignment can mean either that the debt has been sold outright (ie. DCA has all legal rights that the OC had) or transferred partially (the legal rights to the debt remains with the OC, the DCA just has collection authority).
Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.