G E Money and Secret Commissions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

actually, i am old enough to remember my dad bringing his wage packet home in brown envelope with the cash inside it!! he never had a bank account - ever - my god i think that was the right way to go!!

when did the banks with much help form govt get so much of our lives in their pockets -

:lol: I am old enough to have recieved my wages, as cash, in a wage packet every Friday. Am i that old?

As for the last line of your quote - follow the links on my signature below to answer that question. I do not like the big Bankers :mad2:

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning all,

It is VERY important to note that the decision HHJ Jarman QC, the Chancery Judge in Cardiff, sitting in Mold County Court, relating to 'Secret Commission' at Cardiff is:

(a) not binding on other County Courts,

(b) will more than likely be subject to Appeal, in view of Husrtanger and also in the light of Kelvin Jack, and

(b) not to panic if you currently have a case in that/or any County Court!

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

The Chancery Division is a part of the High Court of Justice. The areas of work that it deals with are:

CHANCERY DIVISION

The work of the Chancery Division, which is dealt with by Chancery Chambers, includes claims relating to:

•trusts

•contentious probate (contesting the validity of a will)

•companies

•land

•other claims - for example for professional negligence or breach of contract – which involve issues of trust, company, land or conveyancing law or procedure

•claims for dissolution of partnerships or the taking of partnership accounts

•claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975 proceedings for breach of a restrictive covenant(an agreement in a deed which limits an owner’s use or enjoyment of his/her property); breach of trust or fiduciary duty (the duty owed by a person who is in a position of trust e.g. solicitor or trustee)

•commercial disputes including international commercial disputes

•claims relating to membership of or exclusion from or dissolution of a club or other incorporated association

•revenue matters (i.e. appeals against various taxes such as Income Tax or VAT)

•Patents Court: intellectual property such as copyright, patents & registered designs, trademark infringements, inventions and passing off (a person’s goods or services being misrepresented as someone else’s). Although listed separately, proceedings in the Patents Court are issued in Chancery Registry and dealt with by Chancery Judges and Masters nominated to do so.

Also whilst HHJ Jarman is a Chancery Judge, he was sitting as a Judge in a County Court. I am sure that his decision will be subject to Appeal in the light of the two cases I have quoted which are established decisions in the Court of Appeal.Although I expect GE to try and bluff their way by quoting Jarman in upcoming cases.

In my own humble view HHJ Jarman obviously looked at the fiduciary duty in the case he dealt with and not the question as to whether the payment of the commission was a secret commission.

My own case goes to Appeal shortly.

Have a good day everyone,

Dougal

• Haha 1

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...

any updates here? - in 1998 who owned ocwen products, i cant figure it out, ocwen uk formed, ge capital now own the i group, yes?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

any updates here? - in 1998 who owned ocwen products, i cant figure it out, ocwen uk formed, ge capital now own the i group, yes?

Name of company now - GE Money Financial Services Ltd

Company No. 03539318

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

05/08/1998 OCWEN 2 LIMITED

03/10/2005 IGROUP FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

05/06/1998 M & G DIRECT MORTGAGES LIMITED

28/03/2000 OCWEN FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED

Who owned them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30751[/ATTACH]

Need anything else, just yell.

check out the company number you are looking at as there's a number of them.

A1

• Confused 1

thank you ! - amazing reincarnations, I am trying to figure out just who is taking me to court?? repo coming in a matter of days, original lender ocwen (but which one? and does it matter) then became I Group, now GE (either moneyhome lending or servicing)???? - my title deed does not seem to make clear and they have only just sent me a copy of a 'transfer' document for 11 years ago, first time of seeing this, I think my product must have been bundled up and bought up with a joblot of securities, also a secret commission lost in the works somewhere:(

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

original lender ocwen (but which one? and does it matter) (

Too right it matters....! see if you can find anything from the original lender on their headed notepaper and give me the company's registered number...

Is this 1st charge or second charge Maybelline?

ok, will lhave a look at 'their' copy kindly supplied in their claim (eventually) despite my sar! - this is a first charge right to buy i was conned into as a single parent in a desperte situation by a rep on the doorstep.

unfortunately, I cannot find a number anywhere on any of the 'copies' sent to me, they are Ocwen Limited with address and dx number but no company reg number anywhere on the t&c either, if it is there it must be so bad a copy i cant see it? the bottom of the form is totally redacted plus some other things seem incorrect? the house purchase price is double the real price on one document, not the price before discount, is stated incorrectly.

thank you ! - amazing reincarnations, I am trying to figure out just who is taking me to court?? repo coming in a matter of days, original lender ocwen (but which one? and does it matter) then became I Group, now GE (either moneyhome lending or servicing)???? - my title deed does not seem to make clear and they have only just sent me a copy of a 'transfer' document for 11 years ago, first time of seeing this, I think my product must have been bundled up and bought up with a joblot of securities, also a secret commission lost in the works somewhere:(

You can download a copy of your title deeds from the land registry online...........I believe it is £4 and you can receive it instantly....you will be able to see all your details on there i.e charges and secured loans relating to you. You will be able to see what lenders and creditors you owe money to.

I hope this is of some help.

http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search

thanks, have these now:)

does anyone know if there is a rule about Courts giving repossession if it is the lender has already had a suspended possession previously years ago on same property??

however, having said that, the previous ones were not in the same company name, as it has changed hands in its reincarnations???

Have you seen the decision in Sealey and Winfield v (1) Loans.co.uk (2) GE Money Home Lending on 15 August 11. It appears to bring Hurstanger and Wilson to an end and

effectively indicates that a secret commission can be paid unless the broker is specifically stated as the borrowers agent.

Afternoon all,

Yes BUT this is a County Court decision and NOT an overturning of the Court of Appeal!.

Optima Legal will shout this decision (which will go to Appeal) from the rooftops because they are GE's Solicitors!!!

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

• 1 month later...

thanks - this action resulted in a possession order. (just to keep you up to date).

thanks fretful38 but dont worry, losing the battle not the war :)

Edited by maybelline

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Have just stumbled across the secret commissions saga, I had several mortgages with City Mortgage / I group and GE Money. Has anybody had any success recently with this ?

I've ben contacted by [removed - dx] who will pursue a claim against Ocwen/GE, but they will take 35% (PLUS VAT!)

I'm going to try to contact GE now and see if they co-operate. The sad fact is, if they don't, I can't see how I can complete the process on my own. I know a bit about the law, and the relevant case law is easy to quote, but if I make a procedural error, I'm sunk?

I would never be using a CMC

they have no more clout than you do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

I'm am new here but have been reading post for a while.

I must admit I am struggling to understand

I have been in touch with I group not a good exsperiance at all.

I have my loan agreement and what I paid out of the loan

It is very confusing my question is who could I go to for advise I was told I could not use the ombudsman

Thank you in advance for any help

thread is from 2011 and has been bumped by newbies prior to you

you need and and so does anyone else

to start a new thread

of your own please

thread now closed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks