Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder chileansalsa Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2008

Default Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

i have recently got a charge notice from these guys, should I ignoreicon it or send the first templateicon letter :?

This is what the notice says:

On 25/07t/08 the registration vehicle XXXXXXX was in your name.

Photographic evidence shows you entering the Group Co-Op Car Park at 14.48 and departing at 17.03. The maxium period permitted is 1 hour 30 minutes, so by calculation it is demonstrated that the vehicle has remained at the store for longer than permitted.

On the specified date, you were the registered owner, keeper, or hirer of the vehicle in question. As such, you are responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions for parking, as set down and claerly displayed in the car park, are complied with. Therefore you are required to pay the following excess parking chargeicon within 28 days from this notice.

It goes on to say that 70 must be paid or 40 if paid within 14 days. 90 if I don't cough up in 28 days.

The letter is designed to look like an official penalty charge, with the chequered border.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Default Re: Parking eye charge notice - reply or ignore it?

parking eyeicon are well known.

I would completely ignoreicon personally. They don't do anything.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

I wouldn't waste the stamp on them.
    If you want some fun send a photocopy of the paperwork to the BPA along with mentioning that parking eyeicon (who are member of the Approved Operator Scheme) are operating well outside the BPA rules. Ask the BPA if parking eyeicon received and responded to the the BPA note TICKETING, LIABILITY AND ESCALATION OF EXCESS PARKING FEES. Tell the BPA you are giving them the opportunity to act before you report it to the relevant authorities fro breach of, inter alia, the 2008 Consumer regs (as per the BPA's note mentioned above) and the Fraud Act 2006 Section 2.
    Give them 7 days to respond to you from date of receipt of your letter. send it recorded signed for delivery.

BY all means post up some pictures of the Parking Eye paperwork.

Basic Account Holder chileansalsa Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2008

Hello again

I thought i would keep you updated on the latest correspondence from my friends at parking eyeicon.

I received a reminder letter today with pics showing the numberplate of the car registered to me and a pic of the front and back of the car. Unfortunately the pic does not show the driver .

The blurb says: "As the keeper, owner or hirer of the vehicle in question on the date specified, you are responsible for the payment of the outstanding parking chargeicon NOTICE. The vehicle is shown above, and is accurately timed both entering and leaving the car park in question, proving that the maximum time limit for parking within the car park has been exceeded. please make arrangement to pay the charg within 18 days from this notification. If your payment is not received we may persue this matter through the appropriate channels."

It goes on to restate the fee of 70 or 40 is I pay up in the next 4 days.

On the back of the letter it helpfully offers different ways to pay.

It also says "Why should i respond to this notice?"

"If you fail to respond to this notice, legal proceedings may be issued against you in the county courticon/Sheriffs Court. This may result in:
    1) you having to pay more in the end because of Court costs
    2) A Court judgement/decree
    3) Your possessions being seized.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

We usually ask how absorbant the paper is at this stage

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letshelp Informative letshelp Informative letshelp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2008
    I am in
    hell

See my avatar for the use we put these [problem] letters too...........
    regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Zamzara Informative Zamzara Informative Zamzara Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lamma View Post
    Ask the BPA if parking eyeicon received and responded to the the BPA note TICKETING, LIABILITY AND ESCALATION OF EXCESS PARKING FEES.
    Any chance of a link to this? Sounds useful.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder v534 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

There are so many threads about this that I dont know which one to post my reply on. Just received one of these invoices. I have a valid parking ticketicon for the time parked so there is no legal case to answer. I have not contacted them and I am only at my first letter demanding 90.

I intend to ignoreicon and collect all subsequent letters from parking eyeicon as evidence. My aim is to turn this around and claim the MAXIMUM compensation through a court of law. Unfortunately parking eyeicon in Chorley have picked on the wrong person. I am totally looking forward to the challenge.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative Jamberson Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2009

You're not going to get compensation - but keep on ignoring. They will eventually realise they're wasting their time and money.

PS - feel free to start your own thread if you want.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by v534 View Post
    There are so many threads about this that I dont know which one to post my reply on. Just received one of these invoices. I have a valid parking ticketicon for the time parked so there is no legal case to answer. I have not contacted them and I am only at my first letter demanding 90.

I intend to ignoreicon and collect all subsequent letters from parking eyeicon as evidence. My aim is to turn this around and claim the MAXIMUM compensation through a court of law. Unfortunately parking eyeicon in Chorley have picked on the wrong person. I am totally looking forward to the challenge.
    You need to engage with them, not just ignoreicon their paperwork if you want to do a Ferguson vs British Gas.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative ashmk Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

For every minute you spend dealing with them you lose a minute of your life you will never get back.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.
    Thankyou.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder splargoth Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

i got one through today !! i went into store didnt find anything i wanted to buy !!! popped around local community shops then returned to an empty car park pretty much (it never ever fills and is huge)

so do i risk it not responding ? im not a rich man by any means, and even 40 would actually put me into some financial hardship at the moment. as far as im concerned they can take my car as its scrap value is 20... tried to call them and it was all automated and impossible to talk to some one unless it was to pay.

Basic Account Holder afcwben Novitiate afcwben's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2010

assuming it is a PPC then you can safely ignoreicon and not put yourself through financial hardhsip

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by afcwben View Post
    assuming it is a PPC then you can safely ignoreicon and not put yourself through financial hardhsip
    ok whats a ppc ?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative Crocdoc Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jul 2009
    I am in
    Edinburgh

Private Parking Company, if you name the people that issued the invoice we will talk you through it as nobody should be paying these rediculous charges.

ONE MORE THING NEVER EVER PHONE THESE PEOPLE AS THEY PICK UP YOUR NUMBER AND HOUND YOU OVER THE TELEPHONE.

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

was parking eyeicon

interesting bit is i quote : payment of the parking chargesicon will be taken as acceptance of the breach of the terms and conditions for parking in the named car park, and that the information contained herein is entirely accurate.

so if i don't pay i don't accept the information given is true ?

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Hello there, welcome to CAGicon. Please have a read around the Parking forum. parking eyeicon feature in their very own threads.

As previously said, if you enter into correspondence it will just prolong the grief. Think of the money though, hang tight and come back here if you want a pep talk.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder bondy lad Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2010
    I am in
    stockport

you can safely ignoreicon,, do not contact or speak to them,,google ppcs what letters to expect,,that should set your mind at rest,, they are not backed by law,, they have no powers,, other than scare tactics,, harassment,, and idol threats,,,,if you had recieved a ,,penalty charge notice issued by police or traffic warden,, then thats different,,what you have in fact recieved,, is a,, parking chargeicon notice,( from a ppc,,parking eyeicon rogues of the first degree and no powers),,,in other words,, loo paper,,google as instructed and rest easy,,despite further loo paper you will recieve,,just,,ignoreicon,ign ore and ignore.

Basic Account Holder Cardiff Devil Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by splargoth View Post
    was Parking Eye

interesting bit is i quote : payment of the parking chargesicon will be taken as acceptance of the breach of the terms and conditions for parking in the named car park, and that the information contained herein is entirely accurate.

so if i don't pay i don't accept the information given is true ?
    Only when you read that do you start to realise just how utterly rubbish their terms and conditions actually are. It might as well say;

Payment of the parking chargesicon will be taken as acceptance of the fact that you are an utter mug, and as the saying goes; a fool and his money are soon parted. We are literally laughing all the way to the bank that people are still paying these things!!

Please note;

I am not a legally qualified solicitor and all my advice is based on my past experiences in the relevant field. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidance only.

I would always recommend to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2011

Well received my final notice today !!!

guess im now waiting for court proceedings ? as they cant send a bailiff around without a court judgment am i correct ?

so far they have evidence of me leaving and exciting a car park but no evidence that i was actually parked !!! but the pics do show the car park was empty !

Hope you guy/gals are right !! or this could get expensive lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE