Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder govtepe1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Default mis sold life insurance help needed

Hello

in 2004 I brought my first home and arranged a mortgageicon with a borker alexander hall associates ltd , they found me a mortgageicon with Abbeyicon and they said I had to take out a Life Insuranceicon with scottish provident other wise I wont get the mortgage, so I agreed. in 2006 I ended the insurance because I realised I had 5 life insurances any way and why did I needed a 6th one. infact my job covers me for death and pays alot of money .
    but this broker never took in to the account that my job covers me for life insurance. i paid 38 pound a month to this insurance for no reason because i was forced to take it. today I looked at the letters i had and it shows that the insurance company paid the broker 646.93 to set up the insurance.

can I claim this money I paid to the insurance back or is there anything else I can do please advice me . Many thanks

Similar Threads:

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Default Re: mis sold life insurance help needed

it also states on the policy PART OF Abbeyicon NATIONAL GROUP , can this be the banks PPIicon ?

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

I have just spoken to scotish provident who confurmed that they where part of Abbeyicon in 2004 and this agreement was a PPIicon. i never knew .
    do I take this up with ABBEY and how , I am wating for my mortgageicon documents to come , should I wait for this first

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

I spoke to Abbeyicon today about the insurance they stated that the insurance company had nothing to do with them , i pointed out that in 2004 this company was owned by abbey . they turned around and said no , well on the letters I have it says ABBEY NATIONAL GROUP . the lady over the phone stated that I have to make the complaint to the broker who originaly sold me the PPIicon and it has nothing to do with the bank . is this true please help

Basic Account Holder di0430 Informative di0430 Informative di0430's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    South Wales

Hi there.

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

Regarding this situation I have no idea what to advise here as such but sure someone will come along soon and advise you on the best action to take from here.

I wish you luck in your case, they are a great busy helpful lot on here and will help and guide you as best as they can as soon as they can.

Fingers crossed this will be resolved soon.

Good luck.

Di.
    x

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2006
    I am in
    Cumbria

hello govetepe,

Hello

in 2004 I brought my first home and arranged a mortgageicon with a borker alexander hall associates ltd , they found me a mortgageicon with Abbeyicon and they said I had to take out a Life Insuranceicon with scottish provident other wise I wont get the mortgage, so I agreed. in 2006 I ended the insurance because I realised I had 5 life insurances any way and why did I needed a 6th one. infact my job covers me for death and pays alot of money .
    but this broker never took in to the account that my job covers me for life insurance. i paid 38 pound a month to this insurance for no reason because i was forced to take it. today I looked at the letters i had and it shows that the insurance company paid the broker 646.93 to set up the insurance.

can I claim this money I paid to the insurance back or is there anything else I can do please advice me . Many thanks
    I am unsure as to whether anyone could help on this forum as it is for PPIicon reclaims.

I have looked for other forums that maybe able to help without success.

Maybe a member of the site team could help?

aa

Banned yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

My understanding is that you need to pursue the Broker for missellingicon. Have you checked that the life insurances you had covered everything that the other policy you took out through the broker covered?

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

I spoke to the Ombudsmanicon today they stated they will write to the broker demanding my money back lets see what happens

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

recaived a letter from the borker who thinks they have done their job proparly , drafted a letter and sent all my proofs to FSO. Broker also wrote on his letter this case is not under FSO juristiction therefore you need to get legal advice.

well letter with the proofs sent to fSO they did not come back to me to say they wont deal , I will be so happy if they do cus cannot wait to see the face of the person who wrote me the letter from the broker when they find out infact it is under juristiction hehehe.

I have proof clearly shows that Life Insuranceicon was part of the mortgageicon infact its on the fact sheet the broker gave me years ago lol.

it also says on one of the Brokers letters which was sent to me years ago that some lenders will charge fee if I dont take up life insurance with them surely this is a clear indication that I was bullied in to this agreement.

On their nastly letter it also mentions that I failed to let them know that I get 1 year sick pay and large amount of money when I die from my employer , well they had my payslip that clearly shows Statutory Sick Pay and life insurance lol

well they have no leg to stand on 4 years of premium of 1.812 and 8% interesticon .

I will take them to court if need being but lets wait and see what FSO going to say .

ABBEY personal loan cca sent 30/07/2008 NO reply
    Abbey Mortgage S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent no reply
    Abbey Bank account going court
    Barclay Card CCA sent 31/07/2008 no reply
    Barclay card gold CCA sent 31/07/2008 no reply
    Monument CCA send 30/07/2008 an application was sent to me
    Capital bank CCA racieved unenforcable agreement letter sent to bank
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE