MoneyGram Problems!

TONY7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like some advice and help on this matter as it maybe a consumer issue.

I paid for an item using the MONEYGRAM service and have a receipt of what I sent - THE ITEM NEVER ARRIVED FROM THE USA & I NEVER GOT IT!

I paid in good faith via my credit card (Capital One) at a post office in London, but because of the time factor of the sell and the time limit today I am unable to claim back a refund.

I made a claim for fraud with the FBI in the USA - but nothing!

I have sent a letter to Moneygram regarding this but have had little response.

Because I had used the CC I have a CCJ against me for non-payment of debt & because I do not wish to pay twice!

Please help?!??!

Regards,

T

Guest forgottenone
I made a claim for fraud with the FBI in the USA - but nothing!

Didn't know the FBI could or even had jurisdiction outside the US before. Perhaps you could clarify your situation further as it is very confusing. TBH.

Sorry, but this just doesn't make any sense at all:

I paid in good faith via my credit card (Capital One) at a post office in London, but because of the time factor of the sell and the time limit today I am unable to claim back a refund.

And you, er, waited until NOW to sort this out? Cos that's what it's coming across like. Also, if you have the receipt ... surely that is proof?? Am I missing something??

Guest forgottenone

Sorry, but something really doesn't make any sense here given this thread of yours, about the same thing I found:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/127429-urgent-bailiff-question.html

I think you need to come back, give more detail. Otherwise no one can help you properly.

Yes I contacted the CCC but they weren't interested.

I was for 8 months trying to get a refund from Moneygram and then

took it to the FOS but they said 'we don't deal with cases like that!'.

I got the FBI involved because the seller was from the USA and had suspect trading going on.

*That is a different matter entirely!*

mmmm, I am not sure about this one because I am sure that a recent high court case has given you the credit card holder better protection from fraud when you pay for goods overseas. I suppose the question is whether it is retrospective?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Guest forgottenone
*That is a different matter entirely!*

How does one go about getting the FBI involved from an overseas country? You are in the UK?

Guest forgottenone

Just to ensure we are talking about the same thing here ...

Fraud was committed against me but I had paid for an item with this card via internet - Don't want to be out of pocket so the CCC issued a CCJ with a court

Yet above you say it was paid via the 'post office?' Or are these 2 separete things?