Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder TONY7 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2007

Angry MoneyGram Problems!

I would like some advice and help on this matter as it maybe a consumer issue.
    I paid for an item using the MONEYGRAM service and have a receipt of what I sent - THE ITEM NEVER ARRIVED FROM THE USA & I NEVER GOT IT!
    I paid in good faith via my credit card (Capital Oneicon) at a post office in London, but because of the time factor of the sell and the time limit today I am unable to claim back a refund.
    I made a claim for fraud with the FBI in the USA - but nothing!
    I have sent a letter to Moneygram regarding this but have had little response.
    Because I had used the CC I have a CCJ against me for non-payment of debt & because I do not wish to pay twice!
    Please help?!??!
    Regards,
    T

Similar Threads:

Banned yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Default Re: MoneyGram Problems!

The first post is very confusing. When was the payment using your credit card made?

Cagger since
    May 2007

Back in 2005!
    T

Banned yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative yourbank Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Did you report it as fraud to your credit card company?

forgottenone

I made a claim for fraud with the FBI in the USA - but nothing!
    Didn't know the FBI could or even had jurisdiction outside the US before. Perhaps you could clarify your situation further as it is very confusing. TBH.

Sorry, but this just doesn't make any sense at all:

I paid in good faith via my credit card (Capital Oneicon) at a post office in London, but because of the time factor of the sell and the time limit today I am unable to claim back a refund.
    And you, er, waited until NOW to sort this out? Cos that's what it's coming across like. Also, if you have the receipt ... surely that is proof?? Am I missing something??

forgottenone

Sorry, but something really doesn't make any sense here given this thread of yours, about the same thing I found:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-question.html

I think you need to come back, give more detail. Otherwise no one can help you properly.

Cagger since
    May 2007

Unhappy Re: MoneyGram Problems!

Yes I contacted the CCC but they weren't interested.
    I was for 8 months trying to get a refund from Moneygram and then
    took it to the fosicon but they said 'we don't deal with cases like that!'.
    I got the FBI involved because the seller was from the USA and had suspect trading going on.

*That is a different matter entirely!*

forgottenone

Very well, ignore what I asked. But did you at least get the CCJ sorted out?

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

mmmm, I am not sure about this one because I am sure that a recent high court case has given you the credit card holder better protection from fraud when you pay for goods overseas. I suppose the question is whether it is retrospective?

forgottenone

*That is a different matter entirely!*
    How does one go about getting the FBI involved from an overseas country? You are in the UK?

Cagger since
    May 2007

Advice from an auctionicon site but I am taking court action!
    T

forgottenone

Just to ensure we are talking about the same thing here ...

Fraud was committed against me but I had paid for an item with this card via internet - Don't want to be out of pocket so the CCC issued a CCJ with a court
    Yet above you say it was paid via the 'post office?' Or are these 2 separete things?

Cagger since
    May 2007

Just to be clear:
    Won item on an auctionicon site and went to post office to use MoneyGram which I thought was safe and protected!
    Regards
    T

forgottenone

Oh, well.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE