Council debt recovery (Summarry Warrant) + Inhibition of sale order.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Here is my situation.

1. I previously lived in a shared flat with three other people (they only had my name) , and I pad council tax on the flat , however a debt was run up whilst I still lived there from 98 - 2000, however I had a wages arrestment for 1800 pound made against me , which I had to pay , however some three years later I got a letter stating that I owed them a further two thousand pound for what, they have still to prove to me , anyway I explained to them , two other people were staying there , one on benefit , and the other working, I gave them both the names (I did not have their addresses) and as far as I was aware that was that , until again I got a letter from Scott and Co demanding the 2k again ?

So I called Scott & co and explained the fact that I had previously paid 1800 pound in arrears , and that this was agreed as being my debt settled by the council on completion of said arrestment , until the further two thousand pounds claim. Scott and co rightly said I needed to contact the council. I duly did so and they said that they would need to get someone to get back to me, of course no one ever has.

2. I have also got another two accounts for my two previous flats (Listed on application of inhibition) , both of which myself and my ex partner believe we had paid in full, however they of course deny this , and even denied receiving a 600 payment we made to Scott and co, and subsequently continued to bills us for the most recent flat previous to where I am now, and to add insult to injury then billed for six months when we were not living their. Despite all our attempts to tell them otherwise, as well as trying to say we owed them money from the flat previous to the previous if that makes sense at all.

None of which they have backed up or supported with any sort of proof.

3. Today I got in, and had a letter stating they were proposing an application for inhibition of sale, as we are trying to sell our flat (which I still reside in), however I have been off sick from work with disc problems / sciatica since early march , and they are trying to say we have arrears of 2.6 thousand for all combined (inc billing us for the whole year in advance) , however when we call them one person says there is nothing owed on the previous two flats , and another says there is !!!!!!!!

So in an attempt to sort it all out I again called them today and stated that the letter I received was in all fairness a bit of a joke, simply because I have called the office numerous times previously (May / June / July) about the debt from the previous flats and also the summary warrants they are trying to execute despite my calling them and them never calling me back when they say they will.

Also I calling them today to discuss the matter , I wanted to record my calls now, as they always deny any and all knowledge of any conversation I have had previous with them over the phone , and it is really getting me down (pop quiz, can I record my calls if they are just for my own use , and if so should I not even bother telling them., .

Anyway back to the point , I am sitting with a bill for over 2.6 grand , and a mandate they want me to sign for the full amount (we don’t agree with) or they will stop me selling the flat , now the guy I spoke to (A Hanlin) stated if I don’t sign and return it , they make the inhibition happen, and we cant sell out flat end of,

Basically they say we owe them X and we are sure we owe them Y , + the fact they are also trying to make me pay other peolpes tax we had previously agreed as being settled, even after I paid an agreed amount via an arrestment that should have settled it , ..

I think this may be a bit vague, but my head is such a mess now with it all, that I really am becoming very stressed and don’t think I can face speaking to them again.

I wanted to know what my rights are in terms of information I can legally request they give (re all accounts)

and also if, as I asked previously, If I can record my calls to them regarding this matter.

Any advice would be really appreciated asap.

thanks in advance

Eather

BOS CASE 1 SETTLED IN FULL £1895 June 07

BOS CASE 2 IN PROGRESS *

knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence, this is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow!