Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder jrm1 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Default Parking code 27 (dropped kerb)

I've been given a ticket for parking in a place I've used off and on for years. It's next to a drop kerb, but one that isn't used as a way in to a garage or driveway. There is a garage door but it is NEVER used to gain access to the road. There is no white line or "NO PARKING' sign anywhere near it.

In my street which only has 14 houses, there are 4 dropped kerbs, two of which have white lines.

I will challenge the fine.

Does anyone have any helpful advice?

Similar Threads:

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt Authoritative kennythecelt's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    North of Watford

Default Re: Parking code 27 (dropped kerb)

Welcome to CAGicon jrm.

There are plenty of parking and traffic experts in this forum and someone will be only too glad to help you and offer some useful advice. They are a friendly bunch with plenty of expertise in these areas.

Good luck and enjoy CAGicon. Feel free to have a look throughout the site!!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeracti ongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Unless you were loading or unloading there is not really another plausible defence to parking across a drop kerb, whether its used or not is not really relevant.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Not whole story from G&M
    If it not a dropped kerb for a footway e.g. it as the one you describe, a driveway access. You can park across it provided you have the permission of the landowner (but not for a fee). G&M knows this.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    nero12 Informative nero12 Informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lamma View Post
    Not whole story from G&M
    If it not a dropped kerb for a footway e.g. it as the one you describe, a driveway access. You can park across it provided you have the permission of the landowner (but not for a fee). G&M knows this.
    I agree If it is a residential dropped kerb you can park with the owners permission. The idea is to stop attendants ticketing the owner.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
    I agree If it is a residential dropped kerb you can park with the owners permission. The idea is to stop attendants ticketing the owner.
    One can probably assume then that the owner had not given permission then, if the Council issued a pcnicon or maybe you think they just issue to every car on a drop kerb and just hope its never the householder?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by green_and_mean View Post
    One can probably assume then that the owner had not given permission then, if the Council issued a pcnicon or maybe you think they just issue to every car on a drop kerb and just hope its never the householder?
    I cant see the attendant banging on the owners door before issuing.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

I cant see the attendant banging on the owners door before issuing.
    Exactly....PCNs are only issued to private driveways upon receiving a complaint. If this was not the case they would be dishing out hundreds of PCNs a day.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Exactly....PCNs are only issued to private driveways upon receiving a complaint. If this was not the case they would be dishing out hundreds of PCNs a day.
    ok ,
    how would one find out if the ticket was issued due to a complaint and not attendant error ie training issues.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

ok ,
    how would one find out if the ticket was issued due to a complaint and not attendant error ie training issues.
    Surely that is a bit obvious? If it was the OPs house or a friends with permission he does not need to know if a complaint has been made since he is exempt so the complaint is irrelevant.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Not a complaint - a request to enforce. Big difference.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Not a complaint - a request to enforce. Big difference.
    how will the op know if it has been enforced without a request.
    Are records of enforcement requests kept.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

how will the op know if it has been enforced without a request.
    Are records of enforcement requests kept.
    It makes no odds he either was entitled to park there or not regardless of any complaint or 'request to enforce'.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

It makes no odds he either was entitled to park there or not regardless of any complaint or 'request to enforce'.
    so an attendant is within his rights to place a ticket on my car which is parked on or adjacent to my dropped kerb.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

so an attendant is within his rights to place a ticket on my car which is parked on or adjacent to my dropped kerb.
    then the next question would be, whats stopping an attendant issuing a rogue ticket on a single occupancy dropped kerb/driveway in a residential area which is not used and a reqest/compalint has not been made.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Yes a pcnicon can be issued just as a PCN can be issued to any vehicle on a yellow line. Obviously to save dealing with thousands of appeals Councils try to avoid issuing to vehicles that are exempt from the restriction.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

then the next question would be, whats stopping an attendant issuing a rogue ticket on a single occupancy dropped kerb/driveway in a residential area which is not used and a reqest/compalint has not been made.
    It is not a rogue pcnicon, it is a contravention to park adjacent to a drop kerb so the PCN is issued correctly. If the driver feels he is exempt due to having been granted prior permission to park (or owns the house) then he can appeal.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Wong. can only enforce after a request has been made.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Wong. can only enforce after a request has been made.
    Says who?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Says who?

Hillingdon seem to think you have to

London Borough of Hillingdon - Parking enforcement - dropped kerbs and driveways

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE