Council Tax re-banding.. unexpected twist.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cant remember the exact dates we did this, but it was months ago, and we thought every thing was done and dusted.

I followed the procedure in having our council tax band re evaluated, and after finding out that our neighbours were in band b (and not c like us).. and checking our house price in 1991.. i contacted the council and they agreed that we needed to come down a band..

We then didnt have to pay council tax for some months as we were owed a refund.

any way yesterday i got home to find a letter from the Valuations office telling us "Please find enclosed a copy of a notice of alteration to an existing entry in the valuation list. Information has recently come to light and we have incorrectly identified your property, consequently we have incorrectly reduced your band.

So what i want to know is.. How can they agree with us on one hand and then change their minds the next minute... unless they have gone back to 1991 with a time machine and changed the house prices - i dont see where they are coming from.

Has any one else experienced this?

It doesnt mention the money we were reimbursed either.. we missed payments as we were owed money by them... will we now be expected to pay it back?

This is just ridiculous.

Any advise would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks