can they really charge me twice for 1 visit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My council tax account was passed on to the bailiffs(Bristow&Sutor) when the bailiffs attended they told me the only way to come to an agreement on a payment plan was to let them in, i didnt know any better, so i did. well i am now paying £150 a month which i am really strugglin with so it has put me in arrears with this years council tax. i asked the bailiffs to send me details of charges applied to my account, and for some reason it is on 2 different accounts, so each time they came i was charged twice.

1st account - 03/10/07 -24.50 A.T.L fee (first visit)

26/10/07-18.00 A.T.L fee (second visit)

26/01/08- 30.00 levy fee

26/01/08 24.50 redemption fee

22/02/08 230.00 van/ abortive removal fee

2nd account - 03/10/07- 24.50 A.T.L fee (first visit)

26/10/07- A.T.L fee ( second visit)

26/01/08- 49.00 levy fee

26/01/08 12.00 w/poss

i had made an arrangement to pay but was late with my payment but when i rang them to pay they said because the payment was late i would have to discuss it with the baillif when he attended.so i did but to my shock they came wanting to remove my goods. even though i had no evidence that they had actually hired a van to remove my goods, but after several phone calls to find out my rights i was actually able to pay the installment that was missed and carry on with my arangement to pay. are these charges legal, because im struggling to pay my own debt never mind charges. thank you

Every month i am also charged an additional £6, card transaction fee, its trhe only way i can pay as i dont have a cheque book, these people are unbelievable the debt was paeesd to them because i was strugglin to pay and then they add all these extra charges on .

Cat x

Edited by xx crazy xx
forgot to add something to it