Summons received then a refund?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,Just a quickee, I've been having a look through the forum and remembered something and wondered if anyone had any advice.A couple of years ago I had just left uni and was living alone. I got into arrears with my finances and moved back to mum's to help sort me out. Unfortunately I got into arrears on my Council Tax and received a summons and then a bailiff to my mums house. I made the payments etc and all was well until avfew months later I received a refund of some of the council tax. Now I can't remember the particulars but I think I had been charged for longer than I was in the property originally. No reference was ever made to the amount I had owed etc.Now I asume this will have affected my credit record? Also I assume I will have paid costs on this but I'm not sure.I'm just curious for people's opinionsThanks you're all stars xx

Hi,

Conniff, thanks for your reply - that's good to know!

Any thoughts on the fact I will have paid court costs/bailiff costs etc? Do you think I would have grounds to erequest these charges back since the amount they took me to court for was incorrect?

Thanks