style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A workmate has asked me to look for advice with a problem with council tax/housing benefit overpayment. about 6 years ago he rented a flat and claimed housing benefit and council tax benefit. this he was awarded and it was paid directly to his landlord. He left the flat after only six weeks (this was after the break up of a long term relationship), He left the UK to work in Spain returning after a year or so, Before he left he telephoned the council to stop the claim. on his return he was chased by 1st the council and then a DCA using the usual strong-arm intimidating tactics, claiming they were owed the money in overpayments. after 6 (yes six) years, the Council has finally agreed that he owes them no money, and it is the landlord who owes it, as the benefits were paid directly to him, but he has moved on in the intervening period. The council have apologised in writing for their error. Now my friend would like to know, can he sue or ask for compensation for the worry and stress caused, to say nothing of any damage cause to his credit rating from either the DCA or the council?

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales